Bolt and bracket on stock carburator won't tighten around the intake

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
So I decided to swap out my old motor that was clanking real bad and put on my new Zeda 80 triple 40. Got motor mounted on my bike but when I tried to secure the stock carburator to the intake the bolt is all the way tight but the carburator is loose on the intake tube. How can I tighten it on there? Seems like the bracket on the carb is s**t and won't tighten it enough. Help!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Not sure what you mean about a bracket. Though if something is different that now a bolt may now bottom out in the threads, you could compensate by adding some washers or get the right amount of length on the bolt. A calipers with the pin end inserted in the threaded hole can measure easily the thread depth.

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
It’s not directly the bolt that’s the problem. It’s the little bracket the bolt goes through that won’t tighten enough around the intake to secure the carb to it.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I just looked with google search and I see it is like a clamping action around a manifold. If it is new and under warranty maybe comtact seller? Otherwise it could maybe be fixed with a shim of flexible metal to close the gap and get it tight. If I get this right, maybe the clamp size is too big so it does not work? If carb and manifold came with engine in kit, then they should fix it. No parts missing for the camp to work right?

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
No. No parts are missing but I bought the kit last year and it’s been sitting in my garage since. Originally was going to put it on a second bike but the original engine on the bike needs work so wanted to swap them out. I was thinking about trying a hose clamp if it will get tight enough.