bogging down

GoldenMotor.com

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
well its getting there, still have promblem with the motor bogging d
own at full throttle. it seems that i have gently work the the throttle
until i get to full speed. then i can pull it all the way.. also it seems to run a little better if i leave the choke on half way? and it dosnt want to cut off if i give it full choke!...... took it around the block..checked the plug and look fine but noticed a small amout of oil on the plug is that normal?

man i cant thank you guys enough..
squire

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
check for air leaks in the intake.

Get the motor up to temp and idling, then spray wd-40 or carb cleaner around the intake gasket and where the carb connects to the intake. If the rpms change, you have a leak. hi-temp RTV works well - both sides of the gasket, and smear a bit on the intake before you slide the carb on.

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
well yup there was a air leak...but now im ****ed... the leak was because the
screw that held on the intake was broke took the screw out and the screw broke off into the motor! now i dont know what to do... thanks for the help guys.

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
now it say reversable power drill... cdoes that mean i just use the drill in reverse? man what a pain this is becoming!

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
lol yeah im going to check the loacl stores, man well at least i get to replace the screws with better one, man there are cheap!!!

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
after i replace the instack mount screw, do i have to use tthebullet shaped nuts? or could i just use some normal nuts?

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
well **** the ez extractor broke of into the bolt to..so im really ****ed... so my question i could just buy a new one of these. or could i jb weld the intake onto the motor? will this work.. i still have one mount on there so i could use that also!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
well **** the ez extractor broke of into the bolt to..so im really ****ed... so my question i could just buy a new on of these. or could i jb weld the intack onto the motor? will this work.. i still have on on mount on there so i could use that also!
Can you provide good photos? So that I can see exactly what you are working with. Yes I understand that the NOT-SO-EASY-OUT has broken off! Pictures will help with the next line of defense.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Dude,

Calm down...you can't JB Weld the intake to the cylinder...Actually you can't Bubble Gum, Cobble-up, any part of the installation and expect it to last!

I feel your pain, just slow down and take a breather...It will all work out!

Jim

Last edited:

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
lol i was just wondering if it could be done..... but here is a few pics if it the tip of the ez out is in there.. so drilling it would be a pain...thanks again...

Attachments

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
lol i was just wondering if it could be done..... but here is a few pics if it the tip of the ez out is in there.. so drilling it would be a pain...thanks again...
Drilling is probably not going to be an option...the only thing that will cut the easy-out is carbide...and even then the part must be held rigidly in order for it to work.

Unfortunately the easy-out is in!!! You could have "walked" the broken-off piece out easily with a center punch prior to using the easy out.

More to come I just have to figure out how to word it.

Jim

squire

Nov 22, 2008
tampa
Drilling is probably not going to be an option...the only thing that will cut the easy-out is carbide...and even then the part must be held rigidly in order for it to work.

Unfortunately the easy-out is in!!! You could have "walked" the broken-off piece out easily with a center punch prior to using the easy out.

More to come I just have to figure out how to word it.

Jim
thanks you for your time and and help...man this stinks..the sucker was in there.lol