Blown head gasket

GoldenMotor.com

hogue676

Oct 7, 2020
If anyone could help me do this I would be greatly greatly appreciative I have the bbr 2-stroke motorized bicycle engine it has done absolutely nothing but give me trouble over the past six weeks I have spent every single solitary minute of free time working on this bike it has made me late to work it has made me miss appointments it has just been terrible this is the last straw that I have give on it I keep blowing head gaskets I don't know why I don't rawdog it I don't give it **** I don't do none of that I have changed three head gaskets in the past week now I haven't had real head gaskets but I bought a gasket kit from Advance Auto Parts I traced out the head I put it on there I'd even put a thin thin layer of the gasket maker just to keep it secure on the head anybody to please give me some insight also it will not stay running on an idol and I cannot get full power out of it I have a new carburetor ordered a new exhaust ordered can anybody please tell me what I need to do thank you very much

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
If anyone could help me do this I would be greatly greatly appreciative I have the bbr 2-stroke motorized bicycle engine it has done absolutely nothing but give me trouble over the past six weeks I have spent every single solitary minute of free time working on this bike it has made me late to work it has made me miss appointments it has just been terrible this is the last straw that I have give on it I keep blowing head gaskets I don't know why I don't rawdog it I don't give it **** I don't do none of that I have changed three head gaskets in the past week now I haven't had real head gaskets but I bought a gasket kit from Advance Auto Parts I traced out the head I put it on there I'd even put a thin thin layer of the gasket maker just to keep it secure on the head anybody to please give me some insight also it will not stay running on an idol and I cannot get full power out of it I have a new carburetor ordered a new exhaust ordered can anybody please tell me what I need to do thank you very much
Sorry to hear about your problem. Possibly the engine head is slightly warped and may need resurfacing of the head on a flat surface with fine grit paper until it looks perfectly flat or a couple of proper gaskets torqued down to the recommended torque values. I have serious doubts that a replacement head gasket can be made from a gasket kit. I suggest ordering something like this. Good luck with your bike and remember that the gasket has to be retorqued after a short running period.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Take wet or dry sand paper and put on a piece of glass or any good flat surface, sand head in circular motion until flat. Yes and retorque after cool down.........Curt