bike's performance has changed

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by deacon, Jun 13, 2008.

1. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

The last couple of days the bike has started a little differently. Now for one thing it's hot as heck outside so maybe it's nothing but still thought I would mention it.

It takes a little farther to start the bike not much just a little. It runs a little ragged for about a block, then smooths out. It never did that before, it doesn't seem to want to take the gas at first.

My thought is I probably should check the spark plug tomorrow. Most likely it is fouled. I run it as they say, but who knows. I had turned the idle down the other day so I turned it back up this morning but I haven't started it since.

Do these things idle high in the summer or something.

2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Your plug may be causing your problems. I would say that since your weedwacker engine is small, a change in humidity and/or temp will make it operate a little differently.

Remember, hotter, more humid air has less oxygen in it so it will actually make you engine run richer.

3. deacon

Its the china bike and come to think of in addition to that the air is full of smoke from a forest fire down east. I am going to check the plug but it might not be anything at all but weather conditions.

the whacker over heated for sure. I have a lot of things set up wrong. The drive wheel is too big and the spring tension is too much I think. The drive can't skip so it is heating the engine. Even though the throttle moves nothing changes. I am pretty sure I have stressed the engine.

4. deacon

Its the china bike and come to think of in addition to that the air is full of smoke from a forest fire down east. I am going to check the plug but it might not be anything at all but weather conditions.

the whacker over heated for sure. I have a lot of things set up wrong. The drive wheel is too big and the spring tension is too much I think. The drive can't skip so it is heating the engine. Even though the throttle moves nothing changes. I am pretty sure I have stressed the engine.

If i lift the engine with the scientific clutch rod(lol) the engine races so I'm pretty sure I have over stressed it.

5. nitroscope8

nitroscope8 New Member

My engine doesn't seem to mind or change during extreme temperature changes.