Big Engine problems!

GoldenMotor.com

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
t’s almost like my engine is falling apart right now. 1 my exhaust gasket is leaking oil all over the place and even after I ordered a new gasket it still leaks oil. 2 (the biggest problem) the black ring that seals the crank case came out and while I was riding my crankcase kept popping pressure out of that seal which would instantly stall out the engine especially at full throttle I just put the seal back in and used the flat side of a chisel to gently hammer the ring back. 3. For some reason when I full throttle my engine it starst bogging at low speeds when I get to a higher speed it will then accelerate. 4. At around 34 kph my engine vibration tripled and then at around 39kph the vibration settles down and goes back to normal. When I’m at idle and rev it up at a certain rpm it vibrates a lot more and then once it passes that rpm vibration drops. If you have any help with these problems that would be gravely appreciated!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
make sure the flange where muffler mounts is still flat

clean well around seal you put back in, in case it isn't holding tight enough and needs replaced

excess vibration is often bad motor mount or cracked frame & can cause weird performance issues

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
Update. After I put the seal back in it solved 3 of my problems. It no longer randomly vibrates at mid rpm, no longer pops out pressure, I can now full throtte, it no longer leaks oil and I have seen a massive increase in power. My worry is the seal coming out again in the near future but we'll see.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
make sure the flange where muffler mounts is still flat

clean well around seal you put back in, in case it isn't holding tight enough and needs replaced

excess vibration is often bad motor mount or cracked frame & can cause weird performance issues
The muffler flange is no longer flat and I didn't even notice. I had a bend on the top and bottom. the seal was spot less and covered in oil when i hammered it back but if it comes out again I'll get a replacement though when I hammered it in it seemed to be really tight in the crankcase. The excess vibration is gone as for my last post.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
Well at least I thought I was good to go. After a fairly short ride my bike started popping again but only every once in awile. I also lost some low end power and reduced my fuel economy. However both seals looked ok but I still think my seal behind the magneto is the problem. I ordered a new seal but it'll be here in a month. Is there a way I can temporarily fix seal up the seal untill my part arrives like with tape or glue etc. ?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not much to be done except check that inner lip is straight and the spring that holds it is in place

JayTheKid

Jan 12, 2020
Update. After I put the seal back in it solved 3 of my problems. It no longer randomly vibrates at mid rpm, no longer pops out pressure, I can now full throtte, it no longer leaks oil and I have seen a massive increase in power. My worry is the seal coming out again in the near future but we'll see.
what is this seal called or can someone link me a website where i can buy one mines broke in have and soaked my magneto in oil