Bicycle motor kit for Walmart Cruiser with 1" handlebars

GoldenMotor.com

ragatak

Jul 28, 2017
Hello all, I just recently found out about 80cc bicycle engines and decided I wanted one. Having an extremely limited budget I went for the Kent/Genesis Onex 29" cruiser at a Walmart store. I just got the bike this week and so far really like the bike itself. I also like the handlebars on this bike, unfortunately they are 1" thick and the grips included with these kits are for 7/8" handlebars. I am currently shopping for a motor kit for my bike and have been unable to find any 1" compatible grips in my searching, does anyone here know if they exist? Thanks and please bear with this being my first post, I am a motorbike noob.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
hi ragaatak,im mike,i like to weld stuff,thats your hint,ive seen motorcycle bars cut off and smaller ends for the grips welded in.you could slide a peice of 7/8 inside the 1 inch ,weld it up an have cool bars too

ragatak

Jul 28, 2017
Thanks Mike, I don't have the tools for that but I do know people that do, I may just go that route if I don't find another solution.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
cut just enough off to hide the welds with the grips,slide the smaller peice in 3 or 4 inches for support ,leave just enough hanging out for the grips ,weld it

ragatak

Jul 28, 2017
by the way, this bike has an aluminum frame, I cant find any documentation that states the handlebars are steel or aluminum, I assume steel

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Motor cycle bars are 1" so you can get motor cycle grips.

Also regular bike bars are 1" in center, so can switch to regular bars.................Curt

mbearden

Mar 2, 2016
Florence, KY
My advice would be to go with a new set of handle bars. I have ape hangers on my genesis and it looks awesome! Easier than welding, and the cruiser handlebars aren't great for MB imho anyway.