Bianchi Milano 4 stroke shift build

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi I am an authorized SBP dealer but I am not a total expert. If you have the tapered shaft Huasheng engine that means you have the widest 4G it is 3/4 wider than the 4G with the 5/8 shaft. There is a chance you could still use it with the shifter kit but I am not completely positive as I have not done it my self.
I have heard that you can use the SBP shifter kit with SBP's bottom bracket and the wide crank arms from the grubee 3 piece wide crank set and you just might have enough room to do it. BUT as I said I have not done this my self so I don't know if it will or will not work. You will have to do some heavy investigation as to weather this can be done my gut says yes but I have nothing to loose you do.
Good luck and please let me know what you find out
Terry

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
thanks terry... i do have the stock arms which are super short and super s shaped and a wide crank rod... i talked to jim from sbp he said i cant use my crank rod i have to use his because it has the adapter for the freewheel to spin on to sorta like the hd axle hub uses the same princaple so id have to try my cranks if they clear great if not i could weld up exetentions to sbp and do it that way ill grind it down to look stock... seeing how his system uses a keyway and set screws it should be easy.. the kit i have came from helio and the crank amrs are really short even now they go way under the 4 g tranny probably with the sbp shaft i will have half a pedal to use but then again they will be for emergencies when i have to pedal home

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi again here is a pic of the Grubee wide crank arms they are much wider than the ones that come with the SBP ones and the will fit the SBP's bottom braket this I know for sure here is the pic:

3pccrankset.jpg
This is a picture off the net I will take a picture for you it should be much more clear,
BRB
Terry

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
terry mine cranks are way more s shaped than those but i have the same setup..

if you click the pic in the right corner youll notice the center bar has a special threaded unit this is what spb jim said i cant do without because the freewheel spinny thing attaches to this... ten again ill probbaly have to buy one to find out.. Sick Bike Parts

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I really hope it works for you, the 4G you have is the most wide but the bearing in the clutch bell is way more reliable than the brass bushing. There is just one more thing about your kit and that is the free wheel in the pulley the best way to cure that one is to have it welded solid I have done this for customers and it works great.
Good luck with your build please keep me informed
Terry

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
i agree the one i have has bearings where they use a oil bearing which can seize for the honda..

ive already welded the one way bearing solid and have a hd axle... works great

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Any 5/8 shaft uses a brass bushing there are no bearings that is why I prefer tapered shaft for the reliability and the quietness and they are smoother or less vibration

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I don't mind tooting my horn on this one, here is a picture of my ultimate build. Felt Magno with a 5:1 ratio 4G modified with a belt drive output shaft. This the smoothest bike on the planet : )

Magno.jpg

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
i like it although the small gas tank wont get you far or am i wrong ...

when you say mango i had this thought of the mango character in saturday night live if youve seen it lol

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
not bad.... alittle advice i just watched your video and i know your an adult and we do what we want lol but 1 word HELMET :) trust me if your chain came off or something borke and you went end over end like i did and hit your skull on the concrete ouch..

just some friendly advice from a fellow rider but i really like the pipe and the bike.. ive been wanting to do a old militart mp version with olive green paint mp on it etc etc

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
not bad.... alittle advice i just watched your video and i know your an adult and we do what we want lol but 1 word HELMET :) trust me if your chain came off or something borke and you went end over end like i did and hit your skull on the concrete ouch..

just some friendly advice from a fellow rider but i really like the pipe and the bike.. ive been wanting to do a old militart mp version with olive green paint mp on it etc etc
When you are right you are right I should have a helmet on it is just a demo I would never go on a ride with out a helmet. Have you never seen my MP???