Best/Recommended Spark Plug?

GoldenMotor.com

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, just to clarify, the NGK BP#HS has the same threaded length as the B#HS but is an "extended tip" plug, meaning the electrodes/insulator protrude a bit more, so it places the spark closer to the piston crown, & gives a slight comp increase as a bonus. Does the E3.10 only comes in 1 heat range? Cheers

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Yes...you will find on this website that there are alot of guys who also use the E3.12 instead of the E3.10. The E3.10 is just a slightly hotter plug then the E3.12, but sometimes a colder plug will work better depending upon time of year and outside temps. I have never tried the E3.12 myself...so I really can't say much about it, but you will find several people on here that use it with good results.
http://motorbicycling.com/archive/index.php/t-23592.html
http://motorbicycling.com/archive/index.php/t-14294.html

TylerCO

May 17, 2019
I assume this thread is long dead, but I picked up the E3.10 spark plug from my local Napa auto parts, at least they told me it was the E3.10... Their computer said it was but it doesn't have those numbers anywhere on the box or the plug itself. Anyway, it's super short and barely makes contact with the boot that goes over it. Think I'm gonna go pick up a NGK BP6hs tomorrow. BTW, I am in high altitude in Colorado and am running an NT carb with 66cc flying horse engine.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I assume this thread is long dead, but I picked up the E3.10 spark plug from my local Napa auto parts, at least they told me it was the E3.10... Their computer said it was but it doesn't have those numbers anywhere on the box or the plug itself. Anyway, it's super short and barely makes contact with the boot that goes over it. Think I'm gonna go pick up a NGK BP6hs tomorrow. BTW, I am in high altitude in Colorado and am running an NT carb with 66cc flying horse engine.
So..did you try the 3.10 plug and what were your results? The BP6h is a good plug as well but not sure it would be better then the 3.10..
however I have used both. My favorite plug I use now are the ngk bp6hix iridium plugs. They work good and are hard to faul. Actually any of these three plugs mentioned are going to be improvement over stock china plug.

Bossboots

Aug 3, 2019
This was my first initial problem I bought the motor kit and installed it on the bike about 2 to 3 weeks after that I was going down the road and the motor just bogged down and quit and wouldn't start or even fire so I got checking things out and come to the conclusion that the plug was fowled so I went to the local AutoZone and could not find a spark plug that would cross with that cheap Japanese plug so I checked my manual that I got with the motor kit and it suggested to use an NGK BP-6L, B-6L, or the NGK R7-HS the only one they could order in was the B-6L but they happened to have a B-4L so it bought 2 of them and they seemed to work fine well it would at least start and run but every since that first plug fowled out I haven't had any kind of power the motor will run but I'm still already pedaling so I went back to auto zone and ordered 2 of the B-6L figuring that would solve the power lose but actually it would barley start and it would stall out as soon as I released the clutch so I went back to the B-4L but it still had low power so I started tinkering on it I couldn't figure it out though then one day I removed the air fuel mixture screw on the side of the carb and gained a tiny bit of power so I left it out and put a piece of knee high stocking around the carb so it would sick anything in the hole but I still haven't been able to get the right amount of power that it's supposed to have just recently I noticed that the plug wire send 6 loose where it went into the plug boot so I just pulled the wire out and crimped a round eyelet connector to the end of the wire and used the removable top piece of the plug as a nut to hold the wire to the plug and also gutted the exhaust pipe of all the baffel pieces beside one so I could maintain some kind of back pressure and also realigned the magneto to the magnet with equal gapping then tried it out it starts hard but once it starts it had great top end power but still practically nothing on the bottom end so I'm still pedaling allot but once I hit that high rpm point it will fly as soon as I hit any kind of upgrade it starts to bog down I usually end up pushing the bike up most hills and there is allot where I'm from yes I like to go fast but I hate pedaling hents the reason I bought a motor so if I can get great bottom end power at the risk of loosing some top end speed I'd rather have the bottom end power what should I do

Last edited:

Degoragon

Apr 7, 2019
Ok, What would be a recommended plug for a 66CC Grubee Skyhawk GT5 with the "Runtong" Dellorto clone carb and short intake? I want to get rid of the stock plug.