Best place to buy parts?

GoldenMotor.com

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
Hello all, newcomer here to the world of motorized bicycles and looking for some suggestions on where to buy parts for a new build. I recently dove in head first without any real knowledge and slapped together one of those $100 kits for Ebay onto a Huffy Nel Lusso from Walmart. It's been okay but I'm constantly fixing little things here and there and am looking into building something more substantial and reliable over the winter. I wish I would have know before hand a lot of the knowledge I picked up from my first build, but then again there's no better way to learn than from your mistakes. Anyways, I'm looking for a reliable site/vendor to start ordering parts from. I'm on a budget and plan on building it piece by piece when the extra cash is there. I'm really into the look of the frames with the built in tank, but I'm really not sure what site to buy from. From what I've seen and read, the more common and popular sites are places like bikeberry.com and gasbike.net, but I've also seen a lot of bad reviews on here and am unsure of where to go. Looking for somewhere with a good selection, decent prices, and good reviews. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not sure what you mean - ordering a kit's worth of parts instead of ordering a kit can easily double the price, also, there are so many tiny diffs in motors that mixing parts sometimes just doesn't work

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
Well, mostly looking for the major components. Frames, forks, wheels, and a good motor kit.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've not found anyone that designs bicycle parts to handle vibration and power and speed of a motor : (

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
Well I think I can do lot to prevent things from falling apart if I start from scratch. I'm mostly interested on where to buy the frames with built in tanks, and who offers the best quality motor kit. Everything else I can probably source through eBay ot Amazon.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I bought on Amazon free shipping for about 37 dollars from Green Canyon Outfitters 26 inch front wheel with 12 gauge spokes ? 1.75 or 2.1 something about 4 years ago and the Taiwan made wheel works well with belt and sheave as a rear wheel drive. Similar looking from Niagara I saw this https://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/sta-tru-26x2-125-front-12g-steel-36h-heavy-duty-wheel

Shipping UPS is 10 dollars... they say free shipping on orders above 150 dollars

The part I bought is no longer available on Amazon seller Green Canyon Outfitters, but maybe they have something else similar

I did take some sandpaper I think I remember to smooth out the seam in the rim, I definitely did that with the sheave I got, but that was an Ebay seller for the sheave kit.

Wheel I got no longer available on Amazon seller

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AO3GAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Extra long axle I used sold by Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AO7HU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Simz

Aug 11, 2017
Does any1 know of any places/shops about that sell & specialize in motorized pushies..? Dont really trust and am not in2 the whole buying online thing

Makakoa602

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Im new to building motorized bikes. But I have a Nel Lusso that I'm going to try and convert. I was wondering if anyone nows the hub sprocket size for the Nel Lusso. And also a good place to purchase a hub sprocket adapter? And don't I need a new chain to work with it. Thanks in advance and sorry if that's such a newbie question.