Best penetrating oil/ cleaners to free an engine

GoldenMotor.com

Khalil Brooks

May 10, 2020
I’ve disassembled he top end of my 2 stroke kit (blew a hole in my piston). After about a week or two like this, the crankshaft/flywheel in the bottom end seems to have a couple sticking points when I try to rotate it. It isn’t enough to seize the engine but I’d like to free it up some before I repair and assemble it. What seems to work best for this purpose...I’ve got some maxima mppl that I can use, but should I be looking to get something that’s more of a solvent? A different oil?

Khalil Brooks

May 10, 2020
I’ve disassembled he top end of my 2 stroke kit (blew a hole in my piston). After about a week or two like this, the crankshaft/flywheel in the bottom end seems to have a couple sticking points when I try to rotate it. It isn’t enough to seize the engine but I’d like to free it up some before I repair and assemble it. What seems to work best for this purpose...I’ve got some maxima mppl that I can use, but should I be looking to get something that’s more of a solvent? A different oil?
Scratch that is basically seized

Khalil Brooks

May 10, 2020
I put a bunch of 10w 30 oil in the crankcase and now its only got some resistance at one spot in the rotation