Bairdco Speed Demon rolling chassis race bike

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Up for sale is my custom bike I ran in the china girl class. This is the bike only. NO MOTOR!

1975 Schwinn Speedster, 24" frame, fork, cranks, sprocket, gooseneck, kickstand and chainguard are the original Schwinn parts for the bike.

Frame has been modified with gussets, beefed up welds at the dropouts and seat tube, and a coaster brake tab is welded on. And mounts for the cafe racer seat.

Wheels are 24" Alex alloy rims, no name bmx hub up front, Shimano D series coaster brake in the rear. 14g spokes up front, 12g in the rear. Kenda Kiniption tires with bead-to-bead tread, only raced a few times, plenty of tread left.

Has a hub sprocket adapter, and a custom sprocket adapter adapter. Meaning I made an adapter to run 5bolt bmx sprockets with a 415 bmx chain. (Regular bmx chain, not the beefy 415H.)

Brakes up front are dia-compe caliper, with vintage skyway tuffpads. Old school style that work great. Dia-compe old school brake levers, too.

One of a kind custom cannonball 1/2 gallon fuel tank.

Wheelbase is 41" axle to axle, and seat height is 26.5". Obviously set up for a short guy like me. I'm 5'7, for a size reference.

When I raced it, total weight including engine was 48lbs. Probably the lightest bike on the track.

The engine is a tight fit between the tank and the frame (without the tank there's a ton of room.) I had the backwards, carb in front engine mod when I raced it, and it fit perfectly.

This bike never let me down, unlike the crappy motors, which almost always let me down.

Price is $400 obo. Plus shipping. Or I can deliver it to the Apex race in October if you're serious. Meaning, I'm not gonna make room for it in my Civic if you just wanna kick the tires.

IMG_20180914_153201.jpg
IMG_20180914_153201.jpg

Attachments