Another New Bike Clutch Question?

GoldenMotor.com

ArtfulM

Apr 16, 2021
I wandered through the existing threads and followed the advice I was seeing but I'm still not having any luck.

I tried to start the bike once - clutch was working fine before that - was able to lock it in and roll the bike outside, get pedaling... released the clutch and there was some sputtering then an abrupt stop... and now... nothing disengages the motor chain.

Pressing the clutch arm all the way over by hand doesn't help. Removing the clutch plate entirely didn't help. I removed the other cover and spun the magento nut, the same way I had in order to feed the chain in the first place... and it turns fine but the chain sprocket doesn't move at all when I do so now?

What did I break! Thanks guys!

ArtfulM

Apr 16, 2021
I also took the motor chain off the rear sprocket to confirm that the reason I can't move the rear wheel at all is with the engine side, because I'd have felt really dumb if I'd been staring at that and missed that something was up on the 'bicycle' side of things, but nope - wheel spins freely and pedals work properly when chain is removed. It's SOMETHING keeping the motor side sprocket from turning regardless of clutch position?

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Well... It was dumber than I thought. Chain tension was off and it was bound inside the sprocket cover.
Trouble shooting 101 Check the basics first
Adjust the motor and take the extra slack out of the chain