Another Kent Bayside

GoldenMotor.com

markkusss

Apr 25, 2017
NY
Hello all, I've been lurking the forum for a while now, reading how to's and perusing the performance forum. However I just completed my first MB build and thought I'd share!

So first I bought a China girl 66cc kit off the Bay, and mounted it behind the seat in a box bike
Had many issues with chain alignment, clearance, and to me it wasn't worth welding brackets up.

I ended up looking through the bike isle at Wal-Mart and saw the bayside on sale for 30 bucks! Rode it home and lived up the crank and fork bearings, as well as changed out the tubes in both tires. Also took off those death trap fenders.

Mounted the engine pretty painlessly, and on the first test ride the chain snapped. Cracked the engine case right below the top right sprocket cover screw. No hole into the case but it broke off the mount. I'll post pictures when I'm allowed.

Upgraded the engine chain to #41 from TSC. have the stock 44t sprocket in back.

I've had clutch issues since day one, I've had to adjust the flower nut every time, I'm or out. Also the push rod on the sprocket side isn't in all the way I believe. Have to force it on with the left side cover and actuator. I searched but couldn't find a solution.

And that's about where I'm at! It rides fine and so far I've run about half a gallon through it. Milage is dreadful! About 20-30mpg. But that's expected for break in yes?

Thanks for reading, illbe here often in sure

markkusss

Apr 25, 2017
NY
After some digging in the archives I have come to the conclusion my woodruff key has fallen off or broken. The smaller gear spins but the big flathead bolt does not. Haven't taken it all apart yet but that's my conclusion. Hopefully not broken but just displaced.. I'll update tonight with pics when I dig into it again:-||

markkusss

Apr 25, 2017
NY
Finally was able tip snag a pic after my ride last night. Also have a pic of the woodruff key post superglue hah

<iframe class='imgur-album' width='100%' height='550' frameborder='0' src='http://imgur.com/a/TKjP2/embed'></iframe>