Animated view Motorized Bicycle Clutch Assembly and countershaft

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
This is a multi-part post.

It contains a series of animations that depict exactly what is inside the in-frame Chinese 2-stroke engines; as far as the clutch and countershaft are concerned.

At the bottom of each post there will be a still of the exploded assembly.

Some of the parts shown will appear slightly different, as these are parts that I make. The countershaft and clutch assembly are shown exactly as they come from the Chinese factory.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
This animation shows the clutch components and the order of assembly. The final step in the animation depicts the Countershaft gear and hub assembly. The hub, and bearing race are pressed together to trap the gear. The I.D., (inside diameter), of the gear is actually the outer race for the bearings shown...The gear is hardened. If this press fit is not done correctly the inner race, (with ball bearings), will walk off of the hub...The bearings will fall out and the gear will no longer be supported about the hub concentrically.

Jim

Attachments

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
This final animation shows the "Action" of the clutch from the actuator to the right side.

It is a partial cut-away...If it ends up being too confusing I will redo it. I'm used to looking at this sort of stuff daily.

EDIT: You will notice from this animation that the total action of the assembly is only about .030" or .75mm.
This entire assembly less the clutch actuator is spinning at 900-1500 RPM while riding.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.