Aluminum Billet Flywheel

GoldenMotor.com

Zarro

May 5, 2023
Does an aluminum billet flywheel have magnets on the inside of the flywheel that can power an ignition coil to power a battery?

I am pretty sure it does not. I want a way to have a safe high-speed wheel and the charging coil so I can have a full self-charging system.

I have seen people take a extra CDI and cut a hole in the side of the engine and place it so it can get extra juice for lights, but that compromises the engine and is much more hard to work with and dnagerous.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
You need to hit up a billet flywheel manufacturer like ARC and just ask them.

If you just want the self charging for the lights, forget it and run a 4s 5-10ah lithium battery and run a regular predator with a pull start. The only good reasons to run e-start are either special high-performance cams without a compression release, or for slimmer packaging within a frame. I may have enough cells here to build you an 8000mah pack. I would go 4s (14.8v nom. 16.8v full).

Zarro

May 5, 2023
You need to hit up a billet flywheel manufacturer like ARC and just ask them.

If you just want the self charging for the lights, forget it and run a 4s 5-10ah lithium battery and run a regular predator with a pull start. The only good reasons to run e-start are either special high-performance cams without a compression release, or for slimmer packaging within a frame. I may have enough cells here to build you an 8000mah pack. I would go 4s (14.8v nom. 16.8v full).
Could I get the inside of the flywheel CNCed? Or would that compromise the structural integrity?

I will do a pull start and a bike lock.

I really want to have the self-charging lights so I won't have to worry about losing power in the middle of riding, and if I want to add a phone charger or other electric stuff it would be good to have adequate power so IT doesn't drain the battery pack super fast.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Could I get the inside of the flywheel CNCed? Or would that compromise the structural integrity?

I will do a pull start and a bike lock.

I really want to have the self-charging lights so I won't have to worry about losing power in the middle of riding, and if I want to add a phone charger or other electric stuff it would be good to have adequate power so IT doesn't drain the battery pack super fast.
Flywheels ARE cnc’d. Did you call ARC racing? Call them.

Zarro

May 5, 2023
Flywheels ARE cnc’d. Did you call ARC racing? Call them.
I mean after I buy it I get it CNC'd. I feel like it would be hella expensive to custom order one from them and have them add magnets to the inside. I figured I could just pay someone local to do it.

Also, are they the only ones who make them so I can compare offers?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The stock flywheel for the charging version is different and you have to leave the governor on it etc.. the billet is for higher rpms the stock one can't handle... You can Ballance it with the crank and bob weights and you need to lap in the taper on the shaft with valve lapping compound and clean it off after to seat the flywheel to it...

Zarro

May 5, 2023
The stock flywheel for the charging version is different and you have to leave the governor on it etc.. the billet is for higher rpms the stock one can't handle... You can Ballance it with the crank and bob weights and you need to lap in the taper on the shaft with valve lapping compound and clean it off after to seat the flywheel to it...
Can you put that in laymans terms? So its possible?