All I needed was a Huffy, Duct Tape, and a Briggs

GoldenMotor.com

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
lol, I am a traitor I know..but I was able to get a hold of the scooter for a great deal and it is a 150cc.

I still will be working on the bikes...next spring when I have the money for some good parts. And I will be doing the scooter too.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
lol, I am a traitor I know..but I was able to get a hold of the scooter for a great deal and it is a 150cc.

I still will be working on the bikes...next spring when I have the money for some good parts. And I will be doing the scooter too.
The scooter is a good idea. If my wife didn't drive I would be using my car more. Sometimes you just need to go somewhere and be back for sure in a hurry.

These home brew bikes are fun and the big ones will do most anything I need, but I have pushed a lot of them home as well. It would be hard to explain to the boss about that broken motor mount on the third or forth time.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If that is a chinese scooter, you will soon find that it is just a glorified version of the china in-frame bicycle engine kit, and you will still become a mechanic.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
No worries.

yes, from my research everyone who rides them absolutely loves them...and the pop up head light haha. They run great...now if I could just fix my carb and get it to run at all.

The Electric Choke is broken and the carb was gummed up major. Together my cousin and I have gone through idk, how many things of Carb cleaner and Mineral Spirits. We got desperate today and soaked some pieces in sea foam and that did some serious work on the clogged jets.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
wooohoo, We found a way around the bystarter, We just run it a bit rich. Cleaned all the jets and just choke the air filter a bit with our fingers to get it started then I just give it a little gas till it warms up and she rides like a beauty. But I def need to get some goggles and a helmet at 35mph my eyes water too much. So i just put put around at 23 haha. and that is no where near half throttle.

But the carb is working good right now so all is hunky dorry I just have to get use to the balance of it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Good for youi. It's amazing to me how you can clean a carb if you have a little patience when shops what to rebuild them at the drop of a hat. Have fun..

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Good for youi. It's amazing to me how you can clean a carb if you have a little patience. Take that same engine to a shop and they will rebuild the carb at least.

Enjoy your scooter.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Yes, the Idle needle was so clogged it took like 30ish mins to get all of the gunk out of it.

Oh and I know about the eye protection, Hitting a bug at 15 on my weed eater bike hurt my eye for 2 days.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I wear glasses so when I found a pair with my prescription in a thrift shop I bought them. They are the ones Buddy Holly wore. Huge black frames but very rigid. I wear them when I ride. My wife hates them, which makes them even more appealing lol. I am a perverse devil.