Accidently cut chain a link or two too short. Resize chain?

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Is there an easy way to press the chain link back in to add more to my chain? got a smaller 32t sprocket and accidently took too many links off the chain. I used a chain breaker tool. How can I remedy this? Thanks!

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
With the Chain breaker too ya should be able to press the chain pin back in to put a link back on
If ya took the pin all the way out of the links ya took off you'll have to start the pin with a hammer Then press it in with the Chain breaker tool. That is if you got a good chain breaker tool.
With the Chain breaker tool you can loosen the link up after ya drive the pin through because it will be too tight at that point

After ya get the link back on hit the end of the pin with a hammer to mushroom it.
This will keep it from popping off

Jack Ducan

Jul 12, 2021
The way to remove all types of bike chain links like a complete master. First, look for the chain’s most vital part (Master Link) and place the pliers in a way that puts the two jaws in the holes on the link’s sides, make sure the master link is between the pliers’ jaws. Put pressure on the pliers to bind the jaws. After that, squeeze the link. Separate the link and the master pliers’ jaws by pulling them apart from the side portion of the link. When you want to put the chain back, you can just relink the rivets found at the chain’s end and secure it in place.

Jack Ducan

Jul 12, 2021
The way to remove all types of bike chain links like a complete master. First, look for the chain’s most vital part (Master Link) and place the pliers in a way that puts the two jaws in the holes on the link’s sides, make sure the master link is between the pliers’ jaws. Put pressure on the pliers to bind the jaws. After that, squeeze the link. Separate the link and the master pliers’ jaws by pulling them apart from the side portion of the link. When you want to put the chain back, you can just relink the rivets found at the chain’s end and secure it in place.