a mistake in identity

GoldenMotor.com

wildwood

Jul 25, 2017
On a normal day building bikes in my garage I got a visit from an old man. He ask me if I can put a motor on his bike. I told him i can do just about anything to a bicycle and a motor wouldn't be a problem for me. About a month later I here a knock on my door and the man was holding a box he said I want this on a bike and handed me a hundred and twenty five bucks. I went to my garage and opened this box up I was in shock to see a motor that bolted to a frame. This motor was bad $$$ 212cc with a transmission! I put that motor on in a few hours I wasn't happy with the hardware that held the motor mounting plate on but in my excitement I trucked on with the build just to be able to test it before the sun went down. The bike I used was a 22 inch frame richy with 27 inch road tires it ran great and was tons of fun scary as **** going fast. I put a set of full fenders on a light and speedometer got it up to 38.7 mph and could of went faster if the vibration wasn't so bad. I gave the bike back thinking I would never see it again but surely enough the rear mount snaped and this poor old man could not fix it. I replaced the bolts with nice m12 hex bolt and red lock tight and I made a rubber motor mount for the plate out of a snow blower roller pad and used better studs to go in the cast plus I cut the side wall out of old dry rotten tiers and put them inside the good tiers with the tube. What a difference in handling and topped it out at 43.8 with minimal vibration except for the handle bars. So I took the rings off the threadless fork and added a heater hose in place of two ring's this helpful rubber shim made this ride smooth and comfortable. If I was able I would've geared the motor with a much bigger sprocket but for what it's worth it wasn't mine to say.....I gave the bike back with a offer of 300 bucks but he refused and told me to come here to this forum. I did so looking and found that a two stroke was right up my alley I bought a jeet 80cc with a volicity stack a super charged cdi and 12v generator. Now I'm thinking I should've looked more or made some aqaintaines experienced in this new found glory of motoring...did I do good on the motor?

wildwood

Jul 25, 2017
I've been reading everything for two days now and I'm loving all the information I can't wait for my motor to come in. But this time I'm taking my time and building it right

wildwood

Jul 25, 2017
Wow, between those 2 bikes I would pick the one with the front suspension fork. Maybe it's the picture but the V frame looks slightly bigger?
It is bigger but I can't get the sprocket to fit....the damn disk brake caliber is to close. I could get the brakit that lifts it up but I don't want a 200mm disk or I can go coaster....lol....no not my bike is there any other options?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Dude... i hate to be the dick here but you're not qualified to build a 212cc bike for anybody but yourself.

Neither of those bikes are good for a 212. Maybe OK for a 2-stroke but the little China motors all scuk and vibrate like crazy. If you have to pick one I'd pick the silver bike. It appears to be a steel frame and doesn't have that pos XCT fork that will snap and probably kill the rider.

I've edited your post to show the alarming parts:

with 27 inch road tires

I made a rubber motor mount for the plate

So I took the rings off the threadless fork and added a heater hose in place of two ring's this helpful rubber shim made this ride smooth
Everything on your build is going to fall apart. Maybe do some research and actually build a bike for yourself and put a few thousand miles on it before you build death traps for others.

My 212 bike has over 10k on it, and I just snapped the rear axle on my custom wheel. I'm moving up to motorcycle hubs.

Last edited:

wildwood

Jul 25, 2017
See the guy
Dude... i hate to be the dick here but you're not qualified to build a 212cc bike for anybody but yourself.

Neither of those bikes are good for a 212. Maybe OK for a 2-stroke but the little China motors all scuk and vibrate like crazy. If you have to pick one I'd pick the silver bike. It appears to be a steel frame and doesn't have that pos XCT fork that will snap and probably kill the rider.

Everything on your build is going to fall apart. Maybe do some research and actually build a bike for yourself and put a few thousand miles on it before you build death traps for others.

My 212 bike has over 10k on it, and I just snapped the rear axle on my custom wheel. I'm moving up to motorcycle hubs.
rid

I told him the same thing and I wanted him to get a better bike too but he liked the one I would never considered but he rides it every day on the bike trail behind my house. I'm waiting for that motor to pull that 42 tooth sprocket off the rim even though it's a off center high strength lace. I added front suspension to the silver bike and it was a waste of time the ride quality sucked it through off the geometry and euphasim