79cc monster90 motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Styxxx

Dec 4, 2019
After I put motor together, it's super hard to start, and with the use of starter fluid, it some what starts, barley I've got to keep reving the throttle, it runs for 15 sec, 30 sec sometimes many for 1min, then dies, so I kept adjusting the splastic screw on the carb(p15)
Once, or twice I was able to finally get it started after, what seemed like forever(my arm felt like it was going to fall off) anyway, once, or twice I was able to get it started, and by adjusting the plastic stew, good t it to somewhat idle, but when I would jump on it, and hit the gas, it would imediatly die( engine/stall)
Could somebody explain to me why this is happening, and what I need to do, to fix, the problem, PLEASE, PLEASE, PKEASE, PLEASE...... THANX, "STYXXX"

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
So, if you spray starter fluid in it and it starts up, then you know it's a fueling issue. I would check the whole fuel set-up. Make sure the tank has a good vent, make sure the pet cock (if available) is good. Make sure the carb and all associated jets are good as well.
I think once you get those few things figures out, you'll be able to start it with no problem.
Also, check that you don't have any air leaks, making your engine run lean.

I hope this helps.