66/80cc Engine on Pitbike Frame

GoldenMotor.com

Pacodestaco

Apr 15, 2017
Canada
Thinking of getting my hands on a junk 70cc pitbike and throwing the 66cc bicycle engine into the frame. Considering a Honda crf70 is 130lbs completely build I couldn't imagine the frame being much heavier then a bicycle frame. And installing automatic transmission will assist with not having pedals. Has anyone attempted this before or have any suggestions on how I should approach this project?

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
Thinking of getting my hands on a junk 70cc pitbike and throwing the 66cc bicycle engine into the frame. Considering a Honda crf70 is 130lbs completely build I couldn't imagine the frame being much heavier then a bicycle frame. And installing automatic transmission will assist with not having pedals. Has anyone attempted this before or have any suggestions on how I should approach this project?
Why would you opt for the bicycle engine?
Just to see if you can?

Pacodestaco

Apr 15, 2017
Canada
Why would you opt for the bicycle engine?
Just to see if you can?
Pretty much, not much loss of power from the 70cc 4 stroke other then having a shiftable transmission. I ride off highway and hardtails make it very uncomfortable. Just a fun project, of course looking into cr125 but way out of price range right now just want to play in the snow

Reactions: junglepig

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
Sounds fun. I have no help or advice to offer you, except go for it if you find the right junk bike.
If possible, I think I'd try to repair the original engine though and have the advantage of the multiple gears.

Other, much more experienced folks here may have truly helpful advice...