50 MPH or bust!

GoldenMotor.com

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
Hey now ya'll,not new to the seen but new to the forums.And Im here now cause I need info.Right now I need info on the Keihin carburator.I have one on a yd100 w/reed valve.Motor seems to run good but tops out at 35mph.I should be hitting at least 45mph no problem.So what do I need to do get bigger jet?Anyone?Im running the "Raw Racer III"Is there a carb I could buy that really doesnt need any adjusting?One I could just install and be done with it?Help me out here thank you

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The best way to tune a carbureted two stroke is by reading the plug, you want a brown color on the porcelain of the plug. Black is too rich, light brown is too lean, no two are the same so you'll have to experiment.

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
Hey bro, thank you for your reply. Checking the plug is a good idea. Let me do that and then get back.

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
The best way to tune a carbureted two stroke is by reading the plug, you want a brown color on the porcelain of the plug. Black is too rich, light brown is too lean, no two are the same so you'll have to experiment.
Hey Greg thank you for the tip .Thats exactly what I did But I just now remembered that I had already switched out that carb back to the speed carb.So Im gonna switch back and go for a put and then get back to ya.Q / though, does the "Keihin" carb have a "secondary jet"?Cause thats what it looks like . Where can I get some info on this carb?
[

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
Ive found multiple jet packages on ebay and amazon that range from 45 to 140 for cheap. Ranging from $5 on up. I suggest the multi packs to give you a better range of tuneability.
HEY Greg what's crackin? Bro thank you for the help .I am not good on the computer so it takes forever for me to find stuff cause Im really not sure what Im doing. Even having a hard time just with this forum. So trip, I stayed up hella late last night trying to find out exactly what my carb is and I finally found it ." I think". I've taken the carb fully apart and the only markings are on the choke lever that say " choke ". Is that even possible ? I mean "no" markings at all? I've pulled yhe main jet and I don't even see anything there either.I mean how are you supposed to know what size jet you have ? really frustrating.Anyhate,so let me see if I can show you what I found.OK bro WWW.cmsnl.com and then put in " 16100401694 carburator assy.Honda .And bam,the schematics pop up on my exact carb.But beings I'm computer illiterate I cant figure out how to get more info like how to tune it,or where can I get parts like jets.So I'm hoping you could help me out and see if you could find this info that I need. I'm sure it's right there I just don't know what I'm reading.I really would appreciate your help Greg and would return the favor.

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
Ive found multiple jet packages on ebay and amazon that range from 45 to 140 for cheap. Ranging from $5 on up. I suggest the multi packs to give you a better range of tuneability.
Hey Dennis Thanks for the info.I found out that my carb number is "16100401694.Now will that kit that you found work on my carb?I'm not very good on computers is my biggest problem .

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That looks like a carburetor for a 125cc Honda, it is listed for late 70’s bikes. Probably would be better to find a newer carb that parts are easier to find.