49cc 4-stroke Road in Rain won't start

GoldenMotor.com
May 24, 2019
I built a 49cc 4-stroke Ike wrote it in the rain. Halfway home it died it's been 2 days dried out it won't restart please help me troubleshoot

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Welcome Michelle. the rain may have shorted the electrical system. I have a 49cc Huasheng powered Huffy.
But have never tried to ride it in rain. Unpleasant at best I expect. Try the "4stroke bike engine & kit forum.
Tom

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Wet electricals. If water got in the cases or individual component parts it damage's them. Replacement of the effected part is the solution, but you need to also make sure everything is sealed properly to keep moisture from entering the engine again. Gaskets should replaced if damaged or they are missing altogether. Silicone used to seal any suspect gaps or where wires enter cases etc. Rain caused it this time but washing the bike or even high humidity can cause condensation leading to electrical failure.

Rick C.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
LOL I started to use di electric grease instead of never sises, my lawn tractor. i had to take the deck apart at least once a year, and was always a big job. Then i tried the dielectric grease, made a big difference, come apart really easier, silicone keep the moister out..........Curt