4 stroke transmission recommendations?

GoldenMotor.com

Floridiot1987

Apr 5, 2023
Jacksonville, FL
The one I was using is the Flying Horse garbage from BikeBerry...worst thing I could have put on there! The bell housing completely broke off from the input shaft while I was riding home from work. Thankfully, I was already near my apartment when it decided to snap off. With that said, I would like to know if anyone has any ideas of where I can get a better transmission for it. I have already looked on gasbike.net with no luck. All of the options I found on there are sold out. Before going any further with my search, I would greatly appreciate any information on the subject prior to buying another one just for it to do the same thing again in 2-3 months....

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Last edited:

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I didn’t come here to dispute that GasBike 7G or the closest transmission to that is the best. I don’t know. I don’t have experience with those. I’m sure they are excellent because I have respect for the many years of HONEST experience from Venice Motor Bikes. One transmission that costs three times as much, is built with commonly available parts and is dang tough is the EZ MotorBike Q-mastic. I only rode it for thousands of miles. Never one problem.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I didn’t come here to dispute that GasBike 7G or the closest transmission to that is the best. I don’t know. I don’t have experience with those. I’m sure they are excellent because I have respect for the many years of HONEST experience from Venice Motor Bikes. One transmission that costs three times as much, is built with commonly available parts and is dang tough is the EZ MotorBike Q-mastic. I only rode it for thousands of miles. Never one problem.
Post a link to it!

Reactions: fasteddy

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I am remiss in my knowledge of computers. I don’t know how. Have you been around since 2010? The Q-matic is not sold by a big company with a warehouse and beaurocrats on the phone. Check close; EZ Motorbike Company then go to transmissions or whatever.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
If you have a tapered shaft engine get a GruBee 4G.

If you want to do a rear rack chain drive build get a Staton Inc gearbox. My 18.75\1 has held up for 13 years and has nearly 5000 hours of use on it.

My shifter bike.

1000003175.jpg
1000003169.jpg
1000003168.jpg

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Jerry... I didn't even consider the old engine might have a tapered shaft.... :/

(if you decide to go the route I suggested); It might be a better idea to buy the entire kit that I posted to be sure everything works together. (& then you have plenty of spare parts for the future)