4-stroke Huasheng 142F/144F transmission cheat sheet.

GoldenMotor.com

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Hi guys. This is more of a request- I have tried searching within the forum(s) and the web, trying to come up with a collection of the various transmissions (both chain and belt) that the little 4-stroke bike kits use.
Their names, their ratios, if they have one-way clutches, reliability, etc.

I know it sounds stupid, but can we piece together a "guide" on that?

For instance... I just purchased a 53cc 144F with a belt drive- no one way clutches with a 20>100 pulley ratio and a 10T sprocket.... is that a 4G? An 8G?

Thanks, ahead of time!

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
I did try the SEARCH function and couldn't find an answer, so I apologize....

I THINK I have the 4g t-belt with a 20/100 solid pulley set up. My question is, how tight is that belt supposed to be on there? Any tips on the correct tension?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Most belt drives on about anything recommends no more than a 1/4" to a 1/2" depression depth in the middle of the longest part of the belt between pullies depending on what the belt is driving.

Reactions: JerryAssburger

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Okay-REGARDING T-BELT TENSION.... I looked it up on the Gates Site and the best I could get from it was as loose as possible without danger of teeth skipping. My belt is pretty tight, due to the pulley taking a hit during shipping- I'm going to try and monkey with the tension and see what I can get away with. Will follow up with info.