3D printed HT intake manifold

GoldenMotor.com

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
intake screenshot.jpg
I own a 3D printer and I've been making intake manifolds for predator 212cc and 79cc engines for a month. Several go kart builders I know from another forum have purchased them, and they work great.

I decided to model one for the HT engine. It took about an hour to get everything right, and it may still need some tweaks.

ATM, I'm warming up my printer. In about 2 hours I'll have one of these.

These intake manifolds use generic filters with a 39-50mm seal. Example of what I use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16221089715...49&var=461185241314&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'd like to send one of my printed manifolds to someone with a 2 stroke bike for testing. All I need is $5 for shipping. I know a lot of members here prefer 2 stroke engines, and I also know that with time and money they can be insane little smokebombs.

So $5 shipped plus an air filter from ebay for a performance mod.

This adapter fits on the kit carbs.

paypal email: [email protected]
I'm only sending out a few, because I'm not making anything out of $5. maybe $10-$12, which is still cheaper than what large MTB sites charge. That's my goal, to make a performance mod cheaper.

I'll post pics when one is printed. I make them out of fuel-proof, high temperature resistance ABS. That is what gas tanks are made out of in dirt bikes.

.cptr.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I'm interested.
I'm in Canada so shipping might be more.
Not so much interested in a bargain price, but what sort of performance gains can be had.
Do you have a cross section view?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Can you make me a valve cover spacer for the predator 212? Non hemi, in 1/8" and 3/16 thicknesses

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
At a custom thickness I assume. It would take some modeling and experimenting, but I think I could. The hard part is modeling.

I've got a forge. I wonder if I could make a mold for valve covers. Hmmm
Or print one. They melt at 464 degrees.

EDIT: I'd probably print a sheet of plastic at an exact thickness, then just use my valve gasket for a template and cut one out.

Last edited:

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
Prototype #1 came out great, but there were a couple of thin spots. With a generous amount of force the top broke. I'm going to beef up the model a bit and print out #2, which should be flawless.
File_000.jpeg

File_001.jpg

Did I mention I've been making these for the 212cc and 79cc? I should make a curved manifold for these bikes...