35 mph cruising speed 4 stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

Kevo9844

Mar 31, 2019
Hello all. I'm very new to the motorized biking world and im looking for suggestions.

Im looking to buy a bicycle and put a 4 stroke kit on it but i want it to be able to cruise at around 35mph without issue. (That doesnt mean i plan to cruise at that speed all the time, but j want it to be possible).

I dont care much about acceleration, just want to be able to cruise at higher speeds.

Any suggestions for what engine/set up i should look for?

Thanks alot!

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
EZMotorbike. With the 56Tooth rear sprocket acceleration is not that good and likewise with hill climbing ability from a stand still. It will cruise at 35mph no problem on level ground. Very reliable 50cc engine kit with strong transmission, with a little bit extra installation time you could fit the transmission to the 79cc HarborFreight engine.

Kevo9844

Mar 31, 2019
Meaning remove the ez engine from its transmission and connect the 79cc engine to it? Also what bicycle specs would be needed to accomplish this and to remain strong and in 1 piece. Thanks for reply!

Kevo9844

Mar 31, 2019
I just realized the price of the ezm kit. This is a cheap project for me. If i were to buy a harbor freight engine since they are only $100, what other parts would i need to get to make it complete? Transmission, mounting, throttle?? Sorry this is all new to me

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
About the only difference between 79 and fifty as far as speed, not to much as the fifty reeves 7,800 and 79 is 3,600, 79 will give a little more grunt............Curt

Reactions: indian22

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You can get the 79 up to 5,000 or so, by removing governor. Would depend on were you live, lot of states only allow 50, cc, Ca go up to 4 hp. Best is to do a lot of resurchs, before you start.............Curt

KENNETH H. BECK SR.

Apr 17, 2019
Hello all. I'm very new to the motorized biking world and im looking for suggestions.

Im looking to buy a bicycle and put a 4 stroke kit on it but i want it to be able to cruise at around 35mph without issue. (That doesnt mean i plan to cruise at that speed all the time, but j want it to be possible).

I dont care much about acceleration, just want to be able to cruise at higher speeds.

Any suggestions for what engine/set up i should look for?

Thanks alot!

KENNETH H. BECK SR.

Apr 17, 2019
Just some unsolicited advice from somebody that's been there. Lost license cause of dui 20 yrs ago. I got one the jacobesn snow burst 2 cycles and took engine off. Comert torqueverter fit. I mounted in on back of bike put a trailer hitch. Could pull 300# and me over 50mph was scared to go more. If I drove it right mpg was like 80mpg pluss. 2 cycles are lighter. toro maqkes s200,ccr1000,ccr 2000,..etc. if they have 4 bolt holes on side of moter where shaft is comet will fit it. I spent $1000 but bought all new. U could watch e bay and put one together for like 300.I only put 5000 miles on it aqnd sold it buty never any problems!!! Just get q mag heavy duty rear rim on e bay or yer spooks keep loosening. never did anything else to it. should kept i.t. hope this was helpful. if not sorrry

KENNETH H. BECK SR.

Apr 17, 2019
You can get the 79 up to 5,000 or so, by removing governor. Would depend on were you live, lot of states only allow 50, cc, Ca go up to 4 hp. Best is to do a lot of resurchs, before you start.............Curt
If u put commet torqueverter on a toro 2 cycle....its unbelieveable how much power and speed and mpg and dependabiliyy u get and parts are so available new and used on e bay and else where
Kenny

Reactions: indian22