3 new projects just bought

GoldenMotor.com

kcmcf

Jun 9, 2008
Alliance,NE
me and the wife went to the local police bike auction over the weekend and i picked up these real cheap.going to keed the trek just to ride the old one will get a motor and all the bells and whistles. going to but a motor on the vertical and sell it this next year.
old school.JPG
trek.JPG
vertical.JPG

they had between 30 and 40 bikes but most where 24 and 20 kids bikes
not to many that would work for inframe setups.

latter all
Kevin

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Welcome to the forum, Kevin.

Looks like some good luck at the auction. My little town gets so few bikes it would take years to get enough to auction off. They do sell the unclaimed ones - $10 apiece.

I take a look every time I stop to pay my water bill. The PD and city hall are next to each other. They do sit out in the weather but it gives everyone coming through the chance to see the bike stolen from the kid.

Usually it's when I need a part I might pick one up. Goodwill is another place to find a deal. Also try state universities. They accumulate a lot.

Ted

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
The blue cruiser looks like a good find. I can't for the life of me find an old cruiser like that for cheap.

I haven't checked into the police auctions here yet, but most of the bikes that get stolen around here are road bikes, since I'm near the capitol of Spandex Nation.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Last spring I got a Puch 28" hybrid and a Huffy cranboob for 2 dollars total price at a city auction. The Puch is a sweet bike that only needed a little TLC and the Cranboob got a beatin' and didn't like having a motor on it and gave up the ghost early.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Though ot close to me there is a bike co-op at Oberlin College where a bike is 15 dollars, and you can turn in a bike and get a few bucks as well.

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
The blue cruiser looks like a good find. I can't for the life of me find an old cruiser like that for cheap.

I haven't checked into the police auctions here yet, but most of the bikes that get stolen around here are road bikes, since I'm near the capitol of Spandex Nation.
I've heard they are having trouble keeping them on the reservation.

Ted

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Last spring I got a Puch 28" hybrid and a Huffy cranboob for 2 dollars total price at a city auction. The Puch is a sweet bike that only needed a little TLC and the Cranboob got a beatin' and didn't like having a motor on it and gave up the ghost early.
I bought a Cranbroke (cheap with my volume discount-damaged goods only!) at Wally World a few months ago. They're OK if you totally disassemble them and grease everything. They do not believe in grease or alignment.

This one got a fork crunched in transit. I chunked the fork. Luckily the front wheel wasn't mounted yet.

Huffy frames aren't a total disaster if you get a good one. It's the components that aren't worth salt pork.

Inspect each weld. The frames are guaranteed for life (or until you get them home). And like everything, the older the better. ;)

Ted . . .
. . . (older and better)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I've heard they are having trouble keeping them on the reservation.

Ted
Hahaha.

I looked into police auctions for Longmont and Boulder, looks like they just use propertyroom.com. That sucks, because it's more expensive to get anything and you have to pay a boatload for shipping. Lame.