29 inch

GoldenMotor.com

Dale C

Nov 25, 2018
Building a 29inch beach cruiser do i need to change the rear sprocket for gearing also what does the white wire go to on the magneto on a 2 stroke

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
Building a 29inch beach cruiser do i need to change the rear sprocket for gearing also what does the white wire go to on the magneto on a 2 stroke
The white wire used to be a separate winding for powering lights.
All recent stators seem to have ditched the winding and just soldered the white wire to the same tab as the blue. They are equivalent.
Just cut it and cap it.
Alternatively, one could use it for the kill circuit, but I'd just get it out of the picture to prevent any confusion.
If it gets grounded accidentally though, it will act just like a kill switch since it is the same as your blue wire.

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
The white wire used to be a separate winding for powering lights.
All recent stators seem to have ditched the winding and just soldered the white wire to the same tab as the blue. They are equivalent.
Just cut it and cap it.
Alternatively, one could use it for the kill circuit, but I'd just get it out of the picture to prevent any confusion.
If it gets grounded accidentally though, it will act just like a kill switch since it is the same as your blue wire.
As far as gearing goes, it depends on your terrain, weight, etc. The stock 44T or even 40T might be great if you want higher top speed.
Maybe you should wait and see whether to change it after you've ridden it some.
Many people end up wanted taller gearing anyway on their 26" bike, so you may be ahead of the game.