2016 2nd Annual Midwest Scarecrow Run

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
An excellent video!

Jordan's are good, too.

I feel like I'm there again. I hadn't realized that you were filming. If I had, then I'd have done some more 'posing'.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
The problem I have with Jordans video is that I am not used to seeing myself from the rear. That ole bum of mine needs less cruising and more pedaling.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thanks Mike for sharing the vid and thank you to Darren for putting that together. Your video glasses do a nice job and your buddy did a good job with the footage. I enjoyed it!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I knew that! Char and I watch The Wizard every year. It's become a tradition with us.

Go ahead...ask me some OZ trivia, and I'm not talking about Australia.

Fer instance....How many colors does 'the horse of a different color' have? No fair Googling either.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
One of my favorite movies. I have seen it many times and remember watching a few documetories on it. I remember one piece of trivia. Did you know Buddy Ebson from Beverly hillbillies was origanly supposed to play part of tin man but do reaction to the silver face paint he had to surrender the part which was ultimately played by Jack Haley.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yes, I knew that and did you know that Margret Hamilton was burned during the making of the scene when she disappeared into a cloud of smoke and flame in Munchkin Land? Her costume caught on fire when the special effects guy fired the gas flame too soon as she was lowered through the sound stage floor.

What breed of dog was Toto?

I got a million of 'em.....:)

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
When you first asked how many would recognize that song, my reaction was something like, "Well....... everyone knows that song". But it is fading into the past, isn't it? Maybe youngsters might not recognize it.

Something similar happened to me just a couple of days ago. Out of the blue I got the urge to hear "American Beauty" (The Grateful Dead) again. I don't own a copy of it so I looked it up on youtube and played it. One of my children, 22 years old, listened along. If she'd not recognized "Sugar Magnolia" or "Ripple", it wouldn't have surprised me. I didn't ask, though.

But when "Truckin' " came along I asked her if she recognized that one. She didn't hesitate long at all before saying "No".

That did surprise me. It doesn't seem all that long ago when you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing that song. Everyone knew that one.

We gotta face it. The time has passed and our culture might as well be dinosaur culture as far as the youth of today is concerned.

Oddly enough I don't feel as saddened as I might. But it wasn't all that long ago that the youngsters had some understanding of our music and attitudes. But I think maybe those days really are gone now.

We've become senior citizens.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
True to a point, Blue, but I've been surprised more than a few times by 'youngsters' listening to and even preferring 'our' music. I have a friend with two 20 something daughters who only listen to dad's music. They're Beatle fans and have discovered what we consider real music.
I was picking up sub sandwiches from a place a few weeks ago and the kids who work there were listening to some great stuff from the 70s. Elton John, The Eagles and Paul Simon was on while I waited for my sandwiches.
I mentioned that they were listening to music that was made before they were born. They laughed and said, "Yeah, but its great tunes".

Hopefully there will be others who appreciate what we consider talent. Not a lot of that for them to choose from today.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom
Not sure what breed Toto was without cheating. Maybe a minature Shnauzer??? I do know from memory that the dogs real name was Terry I believe. I also remember the story about Margret Hamilton getting burned when doing the up in smoke scene. I also seem to remember that a stand in actress did a flying broom scene in her place and was injured as well. Think I also saw one time that the studio wanted Shirley Temple to play Dorothy and WC Fields to play Oz? The song "Over the Rainbow" was once listed as the #1 movie song of all time according to the American film institute. Not sure if it still is or not, but at one time I believe it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I