2009 East Coast Rally

GoldenMotor.com

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Hi all! The dust hasn't settled from this year's rally and I'm already planning next year's event. This year's was a small (but quality) event, and I really wouldn't mind seeing more of our motorized bike bretheren at the next one. It really is a lot of fun.
We're planning for sometime next September, but the date has not been set yet. If anyone has any recommendations, by all means send them this way!
(^)(^)(^)

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hey whenever it is, count me in!! I was at this year's rally & already miss riding with everyone (& partying & visiting with everyone at the hotel Saturday night). It will be # 1 on my next year's vacation schedule. My wife said she's coming next year. I told her Dan's wife was so nice & they would have had lots of good times together.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Missed this post. We will defiantly be there. You guys put on a great time this year! Gonna post it else where but setting up one in CT for the spring or summer as well. JB, I will be sure to tell Carol, she will be thrilled! A shopping buddy, lol

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Re: 2009 East Coast Rally - Let's set a date!

Okay guys, I'm looking at the calendar for next September. Let's get a consesus on a date here. The first weekend is Labor Day weekend, so that weekend is out. The second weekend is out for me, as there is a special event scheduled for September 12 where I work and I'm in charge of the event.
How about the third weekend (September 19 & 20)? Or would the 26th and 27th be better for most? Let's get a date set so we can get wheels in motion.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Re: 2009 East Coast Rally September 26 & 27

Okay folks, it looks like the event is to be held September 26 & 27, 2009. Make your plans now! I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces there this year.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Well Kilroy, you know I'll be there. Bonnie says she will be there too.Maybe we'll all be riding Quenton's proto-types.:D

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great, Carol and I will be there too. Same Bat place, same bat channel? That is an awesome lil town and park.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Great, Carol and I will be there too. Same Bat place, same bat channel? That is an awesome lil town and park.
HEY! i'm EAST coast now. what 'awesome lil town and park' was it?
dan and kilroy, if i'd noticed before today that you're right next door to me, we could've gone riding while the weather was better.

thats one great thing i really miss about tucson (THE capitol of motored bikes)...the opportunities to ride w/lots (or a few others) of us.
in fact, there, you cant ride across town without seeing at least two or three other MB'rs

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Fantastic Spunout. I am in CT near Hartford. Dang, would have been good to get some ride time in with ya this year.

East coast rally was in Delaware last year. Cape Henlopen State Park and Fort Miles. Was a really good time!

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Spunout has spilled the beans! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that believes Tucson is THE Capitol of Motorized Biking.
I've heard mention of Seattle or Portland or other places, but Tucson is without doubt the place for a National Motorized Bike Rally.
Here I go dreaming again...
I would like to see the east coast again, it been 22 years since I set foot in the Atlantic Seaboard Region.
I remember there are green things that don't have spikes all over them...oh yeah ; trees! grass! :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Spunout has spilled the beans! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that believes Tucson is THE Capitol of Motorized Biking.
I've heard mention of Seattle or Portland or other places, but Tucson is without doubt the place for a National Motorized Bike Rally.
Here I go dreaming again...
I would like to see the east coast again, it been 22 years since I set foot in the Atlantic Seaboard Region.
I remember there are green things that don't have spikes all over them...oh yeah ; trees! grass! :D
LOL@ green stuff.

Start one for your neck o' the woods! Not hard at all. I have done a few of these for other groups. First year 8 to 10 folks show up. next double that. Folks stay at a hotel and you have a lil picnic or some thing at a park. Around here I think you can rent a covered picnic area for $20 a day in a state park. The rest of the time every body rides around and sees the sights. Really is great fun. I am planing one for spring in CT.

(Last yr, after a libation or 3 with dinner, I couldn't keep up with the wizzers on my china girl. my gas tank had slid half way off and my muffler guts fell out. I yelled at her "Not in front of the wizzers!" She ignored me. So I rode behind singin' at the top of my lungs ((no one could hear me with a st8 pipe)) "Born to be Mild..."

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be Mild
We can climb so high
I never wanna Crash

Born to be mild
Born to be milllliiidddd

Had to be there, snork.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
well i'll try to plan on going. but by that time i'll probably be on a crotch rocket...might see about renting a truck to bring up tho.
Howdy Stealth. Don't matter what your riddin'. A gentleman who went last year was waiting for his first kit. I and others will be bringing more then one bike so you will have a MB to ride.

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
(Last yr, after a libation or 3 with dinner, I couldn't keep up with the wizzers on my china girl. my gas tank had slid half way off and my muffler guts fell out. I yelled at her "Not in front of the wizzers!" She ignored me. So I rode behind singin' at the top of my lungs ((no one could hear me with a st8 pipe)) "Born to be Mild..."
Dan, I dunno, I thought you were keeping up well with us! In fact, all I could hear behind me on the way back from lunch (and you were running in the #2 slot if I remember correctly) was your bike. Of course, when your China Girl shed the muffler core, it did appear to give you a performance boost! Oddly enough, I had "Born to be Mild" playing in my head at the same time! LOL, Warped minds think alike...:crash:
Ah, it was fun, and I can't wait for next year's rally. Same place, but one difference. I'll be looking into securing accomodations at the Biden Center (within the park) for those who are interested. Rooms there are about half the price of motels. Stay tuned...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It was a blast Kilroy. Thanks again for the invite. Is funny how Carol now regards my MB addiction. Will you guys have the time to make the CT one?