1st build!

GoldenMotor.com

Steveobass

Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone.
I just built my first bike after many months of research and planning.
It's a Zeda 80 firestorm, everything went pretty smooth. I took my time and made sure everything was right.
I still have to tiddy up some wiring, I'm on my sec9nd tank of gas, she's running about 30ish, although I have not topped her out yet.
Next thing to buy is some padded gloves. After running a whole tank of gas yesterday my carpal tunnel is killing me!

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I always use a piece of PVC in rear mount and sometimes in front too to take sharp edge off of vibs. Once in a while, I'll try 1/4in higher/lower in both mounts to see if I can find a spot on frame that doesn't resonate with vibs. At least we aren't still in the old unbalanced crank days : )

Steveobass

Jul 16, 2018
Th
I always use a piece of PVC in rear mount and sometimes in front too to take sharp edge off of vibs. Once in a while, I'll try 1/4in higher/lower in both mounts to see if I can find a spot on frame that doesn't resonate with vibs. At least we aren't still in the old unbalanced crank days : )
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try, plus good gloves
P.s. pvc in front of the mount(engine side)
Back of the mount, or all the way around?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
between mounting block in rear and the seat tube, between motor and frame tube in front

check for tightness for a few days as the PVC nicely conforms to both surfaces

Reactions: Steveobass

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
Good choice for the bike on your build; these older, late 1980's MTB's are about the strongest frame and fork you will ever find. If anything I would have done a complete tune-up, and overhaul on all four of this bike's bearing assemblies.

Steveobass

Jul 16, 2018
Good choice for the bike on your build; these older, late 1980's MTB's are about the strongest frame and fork you will ever find. If anything I would have done a complete tune-up, and overhaul on all four of this bike's bearing assemblies.
I'm ordering new front and rear rims, new free wheel also, I was just in a hurry to put it together.
New rims will be on next week!