196cc baja build

GoldenMotor.com

Smitty484

May 31, 2021
Hey guys I need advice on a jackshaft set up. This bike is all leftover stuff I had laying around.. I’d like to make a jackshaft and set it up for a shift kit so when I have a few bucks I can get a good 3 speed wheel. I don’t want to go and spend a pile of cash so Im not looking to drop 200 on a kit and plus i think I have most of the parts . I just need some advice on what i should do from this point . I’m talking what sprockets I’ll need what ever. This is a 196cc Baja engine on a 26” bike. also a pic of some of the parts I have on hand.I also have a almost new 212 egine and a Briggs 3.5 that can be used if needed This is only my 2 bike build so I am still learning. thanks matt

Attachments

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
That looks like a FUN PROJECT. You hovered WAY out of my area of expertise when you mentioned shift kit. That's gonna be one for the serious guys.
I am doing a Predator 212 set up, but I'm going to use a TAV2 I have laying around with a 6>1 final drive. So I am of NO help to you.
I will definitely be following your exploits though. This looks fun.

Smitty484

May 31, 2021
That looks like a FUN PROJECT. You hovered WAY out of my area of expertise when you mentioned shift kit. That's gonna be one for the serious guys.
I am doing a Predator 212 set up, but I'm going to use a TAV2 I have laying around with a 6>1 final drive. So I am of NO help to you.
I will definitely be following your exploits though. This looks fun.
I was wondering about a tav2 .i Wasn’t sure if it would work on a bike . is it a special torque converter? I will order one today if they will work.

Reactions: JerryAssburger

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
I was wondering about a tav2 .i Wasn’t sure if it would work on a bike . is it a special torque converter? I will order one today if they will work.
Sorry about the late reply- The one I got is a "Deathrow" TAV2 which seems to be just a regular TAV2 clone with the output sprocket moved to the back side of the mounting plate. PERFECT for bicycles. I was going to give you a link, but it looks like they're becoming hard to find. (THANKS COVID!)

I had a COMPLETLY STOCK Harbor Fright 6.5hp engine and a TAV2 clone mounted on an old Manco Gokart and it SCOOTED, even with the big, soft spongy tires and my lard-_ss on it.