1950 Whizzer J: What is the correct hardware for this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

olDodgeBoys

Mar 21, 2015
Huntington Beach, CA
I started cleaning my new-found project and the next thing I knew it was pretty much disassembled!

Of the older hardware I'm finding square nuts and hex nuts. Slotted screws and Philips screws. Fillister head, Truss head, and Round head screws.

Was hardware provided with the Whizzer kits, and were they standardized? What is the right hardware?

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi ol Dodge Boys, from what I'm hearing your J should have these parts chromed, vibration bar, upper and lower frame mounts, possibly the sliders that bolt onto the engine. Tank would be embossed style in Maroon, all of the motor mount screws would match, whether phillips or flat hear I'm not sure, but definitely square nuts on all the motor mount clamps, and usually on the sheave to lock without holding with wrench. My partner in North Carolina can fill you in with all the absolues, as I am a beginner at this level, only having 2 vintage motors (I sold the stock H to o build the J you'll soon see in my build thread.
I am cooking a deal on a Pacemaker basket case that I'll put the J in, and move my H from the Cantilever Schwinn, replacing it with an EZM kit (no surprise?).
Hope this helps,
Mike

BTW, the oldest Dodge I was ever involved with was my dad's 1924 Touring, I don't remember ever driving it, BUT I did drive the owner of the Dodge Dealer's 1925 Touring, along with Dad's car in Homecoming at the High School!

Go Figger?
Mike