1938 Schwinn Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a cool one that I thought I'd share with you guys!

This is a 1938 Schwinn that I built about eight years ago using all Felt cruiser parts... (wheels/tires, fork/headset, bars/stem
, & cranks/pedals.

The owner brought it back to me to do some maintenance & tuning.

It's always nice to see one of my old bikes still in good condition & well cared for. :)

1938schwinn1.jpg

1938schwinn2.jpg

1938schwinn3.jpg

1938schwinn4.jpg

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Eight years and in for a tune up is testament of a great build.

Tom
I looks like he's taken really good care of it!
It only needed a few mechanical adjustments & a new taller seat post. The owner is a tall guy & he raised the original BTR seat post too high & bent it.

This was the original laid back seat post...
1938schwinn original.jpg

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
The BTR seat post looks good with the cruiser style handlebars. I realize the build is not simple. This is another of your simple, clean, good looking and good performing builds. Say, do you presently still build motorized bicycles at the same rate you did back in the day eight or ten years ago? I’m just curious.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The BTR seat post looks good with the cruiser style handlebars. I realize the build is not simple. This is another of your simple, clean, good looking and good performing builds. Say, do you presently still build motorized bicycles at the same rate you did back in the day eight or ten years ago? I’m just curious.
Thanks for the compliment! :)

I still build, sell & repair motorized bicycles, but not at the same rate as back in the day...
I've gotten back into vintage Volkswagens in the past decade, & now I do a lot of work on those, (& also vintage motorcycles & minibikes).

I'm also the president of a large VW club here in Los Angeles.

Here's our Instagram page... Check it out.
WestSide VolksWagen Club (@westsidevwclub) • Instagram photos and videos

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Californicans. No six month of Calcium Chloride treatment annually.
Around here vintage VW anything survives in heated storage winter time. But they didn't.
Using the car body as part of the electrical circuit.

Tom

tom

Last edited:

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I used to go through the JC Whitney catalog and I think it was about $2500 in parts to build one from the mail. Except for a couple of things... '87 ish I still wanna do one from parts someday if I ever get around to it...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
When I find myself with 50-100k to burn I'll do a beetle for now the motorized bicycle is going to be the thing ;)