GT2A-S with in-frame gas tank specs

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
If you are not familiar with the Grubee 26" GT2-A and GT2A-S unfinished aluminum bicycle frames with a built in gas tank specifically designed for motorizing please get the basics from Grubee's web site here first.
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/BIKES & FRAMES.htm

Here are some pics and specs you can actually use to see what this frame looks like and some specs from the GT2A-S frame for 4-stroke builds.

(note most images are 1280x wide for detail, click to view)

Here is more detail on the bottom side.

And this an extreme closeup of the BB and welds.

It comes with the fork mounting hardware...

... but it does NOT come with any BB parts or a petcock for the gas tank.

The fuel shutoff petcock from the pre 2014 2-stroke SKyhawk 2.5L tanks work as well as all Skyhawk 4-stroke kits but NOT the newest 2014 2-stroke Skyhawk tanks or most 2.0L thinner HT gas tank fittings.

It looks like a cool sturdy base for a 4-stroke build (get the other model for a 2-stroke) if you want to customize from the ground up or even transfer everything from a pedal bike to this less than 6 1/2 Lbs. frame that sure seems solid to me.

Hope this helps someone ;-}

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Update...
I just got off the phone with the paint shop.

The frames comes acid bathed.

In short just a couple of coats of rattle can spray paint probably won't hold up well but to each to his own budget.

Just for cost reference my cost is $300 to paint all the parts I took him (frame, chain guard, 4-stroke shift kit parts and some other smaller parts with 3 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, and 2 coats of sealer and I can pick them all up tomorrow.

I'll get the brand names and types of each used but from what I understand there are different types of primer for different things and on a build like the one I am doing I'll trust the professionals about what will be show bike quality and durability.