SCOTTSDALE PAVILIONS GTG ! Phoenix area riders Sat Sep 28

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Bout 4 PM I'll be showing up at the Pavilions car and bike show with my Chief. BigBill is bringing his Dyno Hyperbike. Who else wants to come show em off?!?!? Well be in the west side of the bike lane close to McDonalds

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I may be able to join you guys.

It's been years since I've been to the car show at the Pavilions. Never had anything to show off there before.

What do you guys bring with you? Just curious.

- Andrew

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I just bring my bike. I park it on the west side of the bike row so I can sit on the curb. I will probably bring a folding chair this weekend. You'll want a hat or something if your there early for sun protection. There are many restraunts on the property to get food and drink or you could bring a cooler

Last edited:

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I guess I'm not going to join you Saturday. My bike got stollen today.

Long story short:
- Yes it was locked up but they got it anyway
- Found out very very shortly after it was taken
- Yes I called the police and filed a report (serial number description and everything)
- The police officer got called away to a 'more important disturbance' after taking my info (armed robbery apparently)
- I spent the next several hours looking for it in the neighborhood and actually tracked down the M****R F****R myself.
- Notified the police where the bike was sighted and description of the rider
- Really don't expect to get it back

When I found the bike myself, I stupidly confronted the rider and his 2 friends by myself. He claimed he bought it off somebody for $100.

I ... ... Had To ... Resist ... Urge ... to Hulk Smash ... His ... Face ...

He ran away (on the bike of course). So did his 'friends' he was talking to. I was outnumbered by these punks 4 to 1. What was I thinking??? I stupidly ran after the bike when I could have more easily gone after one of the 'friends.' Maybe tracked one of them back to an apartment number and given that to the police too.

In retrospect, I didn't handle the recovery of the bike very well. There was too much adrenaline in my system to think clearly.

I do, however, know that the bike is in the neighborhood. The idiot with it may stash it or sell it now that he knows I'm onto him. So I figure that I just totally blew the hopes of getting the bike back.

I'm pretty much out of this hobby now. I've got no more money to build another. It was at least fun building it and riding it for all of 100 miles.

:-(

- Andrew

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I guess I'm not going to join you Saturday. My bike got stollen today.

Long story short:
- Yes it was locked up but they got it anyway
- Found out very very shortly after it was taken
- Yes I called the police and filed a report (serial number description and everything)
- Andrew
That really sucks Andrew but don't give up hope.
List it up my site under the Enter Your Bike section as stolen with pics and serial numbers and if it shows up here for repair or something I'll make sure you get it back.

It worked once a couple years back (can't remember who) but it was one of my builds with a keylock and the guy wanted a new CDI (The keylock worked hehehe) it had my motor stickers on it but I didn't sell it him.
I questioned him to the point he got so scared he literally ran off.

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but just in case anybody in the Phoenix area can help. Thanks.

Stolen 9-24-2013 at 3PM from 28th Drive and Peoria.
Police report number: 2013-1708104

• 2013 Huffy Cranbrook
  • SN: SNHTC1309463
  • 48cc Flying Horse Silver Bicycle Engine Kit - 2 Stroke Engine
  • 26in x 2.125in Chrome Heavy Duty Steel Front Wheel with Sturmey Archer X-FD Drum Brake hub
  • 26in x 2.125in Chrome Heavy Duty Steel Rear Wheel with Shimano CB-110 hub
  • Manic Mechanic rear 40T drive sprocket
  • Upgraded Chain Tensioner
  • 10T Precision Bearing Sprocket for chain tensioner
  • Muffler Mount clamp
  • Rear Cargo Rack
  • 2 Wald Rear Folding Bicycle Baskets
  • Lots of upgraded nuts, blots, and fasteners

I built this myself and spent a lot of time on the details. You'll find all of the fender mounts were drilled out and upgraded with better mounts and fastening hardware. I used shrink tubing in various places on brackets to reduce vibration. The electrical was cleaned up nicely and hidden inside a single flexible wiring loom. All of the black accent stickers were removed by me except the one on the pedal side chain guard. The Sturmey Archer X-FD front brake drum arm was secured to the fork with a unique solution using a split ring pipe hanger from Lowes.

If anyone has any information on this bike please contact the police with the report number and contact me through here as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Dang... That's a NICE Crani build... Sure do hope the little bass turd gets what's coming to him. Thanks for posting the details. I've refrenced your post in the "suggestions" section for a specific section to be built for posting stolen rides. PS: Nice solution on the brake torque arm. Don't get me wrong; but I hope it fails... On the new "owner" at high speed, down hill, with no safety gear; and into something VERY hard.

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Dang... That's a NICE Crani build... Sure do hope the little bass turd gets what's coming to him. Thanks for posting the details. I've refrenced your post in the "suggestions" section for a specific section to be built for posting stolen rides. PS: Nice solution on the brake torque arm. Don't get me wrong; but I hope it fails... On the new "owner" at high speed, down hill, with no safety gear; and into something VERY hard.
lol. You made me laugh a little at the thought of him flying over the handlebars. Thanks. I needed that.

A section specific to stolen bikes is probably a good idea. I'm not the first and wont be the last.

My wife 'politely' hinted that I find a less expensive hobby.

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
That really sucks Andrew but don't give up hope.
List it up my site under the Enter Your Bike section as stolen with pics and serial numbers and if it shows up here for repair or something I'll make sure you get it back.
Thanks KC. It's listed there now. You're close by so if he goes looking for repairs ... you're the most likely person he'd come to. I appreciate it.

- Andrew

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
For anybody coming I'll be arriving around 4 PM along with Big Bill. West side of the bike row and closer to McDonalds seems to be where the vintage / older bikes hang out so that's where I'm parking. Plus theirs a curb to sit on there. If you see a yellow Ranger east of the car bike show near the flag poles. That B me :)