Crazyhorse's How to Build a Stretched Mongoose Beast

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here's my thread on how to build a Stretch Mongoose Beast.

Ok, since I now have 2 Beast's it's time to start chopping. I do prefer a Long Low Stretched Bicycle.

So I will be attempting to Stretch one of these inexpensive $199.00 Super Fat 26" bicycles.

What suggestions do you have as for type of engine to use on this Custom Stretched Beast.

I will be using Disc Brakes for sure.

The first bike arrived April 15, 2013, and it was damaged in shipping bent crank arm, bent forks, a replacement arrived April 20, 2013.

It also has shipping damage, scratched paint on frame and forks, forks were also slightly bent which I can straighten, don't want to wait for another week for another replacement. They said to keep the first bike, so I'm not going to argue with them.

For $199.00, I can build a cool stretched version of the Beast, which I have named " The Phoenix " , from ashes it will be reborn!!!

As for the Steel Frame and welds all seem to be acceptable, for motorizing, yes with a Honda Mini Trail 50cc or the Honda CT110cc Clone Pitbike/ATV engine, this bike will be kept at the Beach predominantly.

What suggestions can you offer as to type of seat, handlebars etc...

Some pic's below prior to cutting and Stretching, I think some curved lines such as curved down tube and curved top tube will look nice, share your thoughts regarding the new down tube and top tube :

WOW, the tire won't fit or my forks are bent?

C.H.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I just found ( Fat Tire 100 mm wide wheels with 4.5-inch tires on the 26-inch Mongoose Beast ) out about these bikes. What's the status on the build ?

MHF
Motorhed, I still have a Stock OCC Schwinn Stingray Chopper in my Uni-Strut Channel ( http://www.unistrutohio.com/unistrut-channel-sections-one-and-five-eights-inch.html )
Bicycle Frame Jig, which is being Stretched about 7-inches, which will make it into an Adult Size Custom OCC Schwinn XL Chopper.

This is the same Bicycle Frame Jig that Forum Member " CulverCityClassic's " originally " posted here in the forum!

So, the Mongoose Beast's I now have will be Stretched on this same Bicycle Frame Jig made with Channel Strut, see picture below of stock OCC Schwinn Stingray Chopper currently in the Jig.

I will post more info about Stretching my $199.00 dollar Mongoose Beast's, as soon as the welding is done on the Chopper.

Thanks, for checking out the thread.

BTW, I now have 4 Mongoose Beast's to Custom Stretch in to Fat Tire Stretch Cruiser's, am thinking or partially inspired to do a couple of Super Wide 100 mm wheels and 4.8-inch wide tires in the Basman Style of Stretch Cruiser's, with an American Twist / Flavor.

C.H.

Hey CH; haven't been on here in ages! Have been having some personal/family issues, however, look's like you're going full bore! PM me sometime on how I could go about building a jig like yours, I'd like to stretch an old cruiser frame (like 50's to 70's), and finally get my predator 212 mounted. Good to see your posts, man. I've been following all your pic uploads, because I get the notices in the mail.

Ciao!, Mac-

vrp

Jun 30, 2013
Texas
Hello CH, Just found your thread have been researching a similar build with the Beast. Don't have the Bike yet, planning powertrain design, ratios and such. Could I get a close estimate of tire diameter with say 30 psi from you for my calculations?

Where do you stand on your build?

I got the motorized bicycle fever now, thanks to my activity with Local Motors recent design challenge on The Forge. Open source vehicle design community.
Thanks
VRP