CT Motorized Bicycle Get together

GoldenMotor.com

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
Re: CT MB Get together

I have to put my chain back on my bike in the morning and I'll be ready to head out there. My chain was too loose and I didn't have anything left to adjust in my tensioner so I had to take a couple links out. I knew that chain was going to stretch since it was new, but I didn't realize it would stretch out quite that fast. I'll see ya'll in the morning.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I have to put my chain back on my bike in the morning and I'll be ready to head out there. My chain was too loose and I didn't have anything left to adjust in my tensioner so I had to take a couple links out. I knew that chain was going to stretch since it was new, but I didn't realize it would stretch out quite that fast. I'll see ya'll in the morning.
Crazy ain't it? See ya in a few. OT, BTW, your pic in the paper (the Day), cool to see that

I wish I could make it. I have a broken bike (Whizzer clutch bearing disintegrated) and a broken car (CV joint going bad). :-||
Dang Kilroy. Sorry to hear that. Hope ya get it all worked out and you will be missed.

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT

Want to say a big thank you to Dan for coordinating this event, and all the great people I met for an awesome time. It was very cool meeting all of you, riding in the park, having lunch together and talking MB's. I made some new friends, have some new ideas to try out and got to see some very cool MB's in person. Hope this is first of many.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Trax, Thank you for coming!! I had a great time. Was it you who invented the 2 stroke Flintstones starting method? By the end of the day I was doing it one footed!

Carol and I forgot to bring a burger flipping device so we used Ozzy's chain tensioner bracket and vice grips.

*Ozzy Cookware, get your's today!*

(Ozzy, we have to send this pic to Dax. "It flips burgers, it slices, it dices, it keeps your chain off your frame")

Last edited:

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT

Trax, Thank you for coming!! I had a great time. Was it you who invented the 2 stroke Flintstones starting method? By the end of the day I was doing it one footed!
No, I was able to do it, but I think it was one of the Guys from Boston that started it.

Carol and I forgot to bring a burger flipping device so we used Ozzy's chain tensioner bracket and vice grips.

*Ozzy Cookware, get your's today!*

(Ozzy, we have to send this pic to Dax. "It flips burgers, it slices, it dices, it keeps your chain of your frame")
(Announcer voice starts)
OzzyWare Flipomatic Chain tensioner! call in the next 15 min. and we will throw in the patented OzzyWare length-o-Chain meat tenderizer absolutely free....
(Announcer voice ends)

look out Mr. Popeel.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas

Now that looks like an ozzyware burger flipper for the confirmed redneck. I bet that was lots of fun. I wish it wasn't so far away.....................

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

It was great!! I just got home Thanks Dan & Carol & all the new friends we met. My wife Bonnie is already talking about going next year. This was her first rally & I'm sure she'll want to start attending them all with me from now on. Will post pics tomorrow.
Jay

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT

I almost forgot that I even had my camera with me so I didn't get many pics at all. I know some of the others got better pictures and a lot more of them. Here are the few I took.

I like this one with the city of Hartford in the background

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH

Ah, Man! I posted at the forum that shall not be named!
Thanks for everyone's help with the last 2% of my build. That 2% was giving me h e l l !!

Glad you liked the flipper, made tasty burgers.
Dan, you sent my idea to DAX? I was going to make my fortune with that! LOL

That's all the pics we took? To busy working on my bike then riding. Got one in my phone I can transfer. The $5/mo option didn't come up just the $2 day one. Got to look in to that.

I've been into MB's for a yr and that was the 1st time I ever saw one other than my own e-bike and DAX. It was a real thrill!!!

r.ly.

What do you guy think of meeting up in Laconia during Bike Week? After all MB's are MC's lineage.

.trk

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Darn, that looks like fun. I wish I could have been there. Oh, and where do we order the burger flippers? Is Dax gonna market them?
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Would have been great if you and the good Mrs could have made it! Dunno 4shore but think Ozzy has one for sale cheap. lol

(Tom, I missed the post office today but be expecting a package soon)

Last edited:

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA

I had an excellent time, i have a bit of a story about my bike that weekend. I broke my bike less than 150 feet from my car as soon as i got there. The derailleur got caught in the spokes and bent the dropout. :(( It was a lovely frame, i put 300 miles on it.) I moved the engine to a Giant Stiletto Chopper. I will have many pictures of the old and new build. My bike is the one on the that is still on the bike rack being assembled.

Ozzy you made a comment about attending Laconia Bike Week, i plan to bring my chopper to bike week, i will be there the last weekend, i believe its June 19-21st.

It was very nice putting faces to everyone's handle, i will be attending the next meet up.

.duh.

Last edited:

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT

OK, Here are some pics I took, I thought I took more but was having too much fun to take a lot, ended up with a bunch of dupes. My wife says she wants to ride next time. Even though she had to run our kids around this time and didn't get to stay you all made her feel welcome. I'm going to have to start working on her MB now :)......

Attachments