What's your favorite quote

GoldenMotor.com

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
I guess my favorite quote was from a fold out ad by Sony in a computer mag a couple of decades ago I still keep pinned to my shop wall by my desk.

Then again there are times when a favorite quote simply needs a pic and I do like this one for those rare occasions.

No that one is not on my shop wall ;-}
Better make some of you guys think, oh I don't know if you can if your head is in that position. Just kidding.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"He who carries a cat by the tail learns things that could be learned no other way" - Mark Twain
-
"It went ON and ON and ON; like an Allmans Brothers Song!" - Homer Simpson
-
"Lisa! In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
-
I think the Allman Brothers reference is my favorite.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Heretic was simply replying to a post on another forum site when discussing old crap. It struck a chord with me.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I refer to this quote from one of my favorite bands when I get really p'd off at someone.

I'll savor this anger...my hate makes me stronger. David Drainman

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"It's all fun and games until someone hits a pothole!" - Jamie Elvidge, Cycle World, in his comparison of the Harley 883 and the Yamaha Bolt

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I like the one on the page of http://bikemoto.wordpress.com/

"A Problem Well Defined Is Half Solved"

I'm partial to this as Off Roading on a DIY motorbike is the theme to the webpage! I removed the pedals on my DIY build so CA DMV calls my machine an OHV SPC Motorcycle so I'm not quite in the same realm..... but trying.

MT

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
"The only possible way you could be any stupider is if you were bigger".

A father to a very hung over son at McDonald's this week end.

Steve
This reminded me of some stuff we used to say when I worked up in Cleveland:

"You must've drank that whole bottle of stupid!"
"I'd shoot you in the head, but that's not a vital organ for you."
"She's the sort who uses her frequent flier miles up all on one night with her single-passenger O'Cedar."

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
"I've seen stupid smarter than you".

An insult hurled by one of my boyhood buddies at another as we beat feet at a high rate of speed to apply as much distance as possible between us and a prank involving fireworks and the town cop that had gone terribly wrong.

Steve.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" Bill Monro in The World's Fastest Indian.