What other hobbies or sports do you have besides motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Re: What other hobbies or sports do you have besides MBs?

Hiking, preferably rough terrain. Fishing, camping, spelunking and finding copper at all these copper mines around here. I've got three lakes within 5 miles of me, all accessed via dirt trails, which is one small reason I got an MB.....................I never was much into hiking long stretches of flat trails.

I also enjoy tinkering, building and imaginative creating, as well as cutting and splitting firewood. Love the great outdoors!

Can't forget computers and computer oriented program manipulation.

As far as sports go, the closest I could come to that is what we call spring poling. You start at the top of a big steep hill where there is a lot of ,say, 15-20' tall trees, (the steeper the hill, the taller the trees) and you run and jump to catch the top of the first tree, and it will spring you all the way out and down so you can hit the ground and grab the next top of a tree. You do this all the way to the bottom! It's a real rush! TOTALLY!! There's a lot of country here for it.

(Word of warning....do not jump off a cliff to grab a tree top....it may be rooted in rocky ground, in which it will snap at the base and you won't spring!!.......I did that once, thought I broke both my legs when I regained my senses way down there on the bottom!)
CANT DO THAT WITH PONDEROSSA PINES they snap off !! i know i topped trees for years!!

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada

other interests ---hiking-- flower identification--computers--playing with grandkids--artistic design work--going to church--listening to oldies on u tube--coffee shopping--pedalling non motorized bikes--volunteering at soup kitchen

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT

I play in a couple basketball leagues and am currently playing in a softball league. I also enjoy hiking, fishing, hunting or anything else that can be done outside. My main hobby is going off road in my Jeep though. I belong to several 4x4 clubs and try to hit some trails about once a month and then spend the next 3 weeks fixing what I broke for the next run.

cabbiex5

Feb 12, 2009
Michigan

I do japanese aikido, and i pick up a new hobby almost every three months. I made a longbow one time, custom knife grips, I play drums for 11years, my new and most favorite hobby is MB :D

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO

Well if anyone is interested... I restore vintage Konica Rangefinder cameras. I used to make some money doing this by putting them on Ebay, but alas film is pretty much dead. I also like to build models of ships, boats subs etc. I've added some photos... The Sub is a German u-boat, took 3 months to finish, and it's 3 foot long. The 20" ship is from the 80's, I built it as a gift that made it back to me 20 years later. It's wood and fully rigged. And the little boat, was probably the hardest. It's under a foot long, but it's built exactly as the original, every plank is scale. VERY delicate. And the Konica type I restore. So there you have my hobbies... Whadda ya think?

Attachments

sharkcruiser

Jul 14, 2008
charleston sc

I play golf when I can afford to these days. My sticks are ones that I have gotten separately. the latest is my Cleveland hiBore driver w/ built in draw. It's flippin sweet! Got laid off mid-April and haven't played since.
I live in a coastal port city like cruising in the boat, fishing, riding anything 2 wheeled, play a lot of hoops, tennis, competitive bad minton ( got a mean jump smash), modding pc's, woodworking, maintaining vintage autos ( my own and other peoples) not to mention fixing peoples mopeds and scooters that post on craigslist. rescuing injured, abused, and maimed animals from the side of the road ( and a few back yards).

My buddy and I like to eff with the "prima donna" rickshaw and pedicab drivers around downtown but I guess they think their bigwheels a cooler than the MBs!

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.

Hi guys,
My hobbies are building Radio Controled Planes (see links below)
and building Web sites for other people, I also do alot of research on WWII history.
I'm also a avid on-line gamer, mostly combat simulators. Video's and Screenshot's are here.
Graphics and Design - Honor Guard Squad

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.

I like to play disc golf at the many beautiful bay area courses around where I live. Camping with friends and family, hiking, biking and of course San Jose Sharks hockey!

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa

well, I'v sort of grown occupied with hotrodding, and has ( for the time being anyway ) surpassed my MB building interests... I started planning this build 2-3 months ago but started on it early november.. It is going to be completely hand built. and a cross between a Model T pickup and a Model A sedan.. riding on a basic T bucket frame..

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa

I still have my MB, fired it up a few weeks ago and let it run, but it's too cold to ride now

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro

i play old dumb dead punk rock and ya gods got to be a comick to tolerate this right!

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama

I install car stereo, alarms, remote starts, home audio and video. I also install stereo on motorcycles and scooters. Can always make side money doing stuff like this. I ride motorcycles, love whitewater rafting, practice making babies(finally made one), creating or repairing in my shop. Used to love skydiving, but I had to give it up. I customize everything I own in one way or another. I really enjoy a good ride in the woods with my wife and dog in my '86 Blazer! Life is just too damn short. There are so many other things I want to do.

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california

Im in FFA :D and whatever i can fix up ill take like i have a 60s western flyer Galaxy flyer. I love fishing to

.bf.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA

golf, tennis..the odd video game..religion..politics if it weren't so boring

sudjim

Jun 8, 2008
Gainesville, FL

My passions havealways been air cooled VW's. I am an engine guy. I made a charcoal powered furnace for melting aluminum. I had gotten into making my own casting green sand and casting things. But I enjoy pouring moltem aluminum down ant holes. Only the biting ants. I get gre atsculptures. Kinda look like bonzai trees.

Also bass guitar for 30 years. Knife throwing, ancient roman coins. I might get into making a hydrogen generator (solar pannel hooked up to an electrolyzer to a pressure tank.) No sure what I'll do with it, but should be fun - maybe for a 4 cycle motor project. Gotta keep the noggin busy with new stuff. ADD is awesome!

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand

When I used to live on the West Coast I surfed everyday, Skated everyday, ate free Pizza Port, Partied every night, not go to school, you know the usual. Thats how I lived in cali. I recently had phnumonia and had to move to Az to live with my gparents. Now, I go to school everyday, Im getting a great job, and I basically just keep to myself and get my sh*t done. My hobbies out here are ride my Motorized bike, try and make cool videos, focus on Graduating High school and learning as much as I can about business. Im kinda glad i moved out here, I have a great future ahead of me. If I were in cali, I would still be headed in the wrong direction. I love playing golf as well!
Long story short:)

Last edited:

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az

ride dirtbikes in between my mtb bike adventures on the weekends, also camping, disc golf as well as fishing!!1