What good thing happened while you were at work today?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Hmmm......I've been on vacation all week --- the minions/performers haven't had to deal with me!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I got a job today. My previous employer had let me go on the Monday before Christmas. It feels great to be going back to work.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
wheelbender6- That is indeed good news. Congrats!

I scored a free McCulloch horizontal shaft engine, and some other cool odds and ends from an old gas station my company tore down. Now I am clocking out, and heading to my local brewery. Why not, right?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My normal work day is going out to the car, and that is the hard part, snork. Driving some where and getting some thing. I then drive it some place else. Then I go home.

I have a windowed office that corners. Head bopping, toe tapping to the radio @ 74 MPH in a 65. A dollar a mile makes me smile.

Home bound is on me and worry free. Life be good

.wee.

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
This is one those things I found on the job site today. Do you know what it is? I do not.
It is a brass cylinder, approximately 1 1/4" in diameter, and 9 1/2" long. In construction, it appears to have been hand brazed. It also appears to have had a bright red label at one time. There is no opening in the unit other than the valved port you see. It is operational. It is under pressure, containing some unidentified gas. Although it was unwise to do so, I smelled it, and it smelled like alcohol.

Whatcha think?

Attachments

Last edited:

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
This is one those things I found on the job site today. Do you know what it is? I do not.
It is a brass cylinder, approximately 1 1/4" in diameter, and 9 1/2" long. In construction, it appears to have been hand brazed. It also appears to have had a bright red label at one time. There is no opening in the unit other than the valved port you see. It is operational. It is under pressure, containing some unidentified gas. Although it was unwise to do so, I smelled it, and it smelled like alcohol.

Whatcha think?
looks like part of a blow lamp to me.
I have based this on nothing in particular.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The pressurised liquid might be carbon tetrachloride, and the cylinder therefore would a ickle diddly little fire extinquisher. I will investigate.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Neither were we :) It resembles one of the Power Products prior to being taken over, but not totally. For a nerd like me, it really rubs me up the wrong way not being able to identify it.