What good thing happened while you were at work today?

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Today I found out two people will be out all next week, of course I will do the work of three + people, plus run two businesses. Good news? It beats the alternative! And yes I asked and prayed for it, so not complaining!!

PS all the pictures here are great!!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Our day ended yesterday with a trip to the dump, to get rid of a bunch of junk. While there, I spotted this bike. So after I unload a pile of old duct metal, I talked to one of the employees for a minute.
I said, "Too bad there are signs around the place saying 'no salvaging'."
He goes, "Oh?"
"Yeah, it's a shame that bike over there is going to waste."
He answered, "What bike? If you'll excuse me, I have a coffee over there in the break room."
I said, "Have a great day."

It's probably going to work out for a CG motor, though it might be a little tight in there. It's got just over 15" on the seat tube. On quick inspection, the only thing wrong with it is a pair of flat tires. If nothing else, I can always strip it for parts.

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Nice! The dump is where I got my first cool bike; a Schwinn Stingray, yellow no less.

I am usually unnessicary at my job, and so I went home and got on my bike. The Gallatin River is a mile or so down the road, and there are a bunch of trails all around, so I went for it. The only problem I ran into was going through some of the washes... shook the mess outta my gas tank, and spilled some fuel onto the paint. But well worth it.

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Well it didn't happen at work but I did get a call from the Machinists Union for my interview tomorrow....I've been on "the list" 6 years and no.2 on that list for 2 years
Finally got an official job offer in the mail, I'm going to be helping keep Americas first and oldest subway system up and running. GOODBYE CRUEL KITCHENS!!!!!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yes, good for you Chainmaker, machinist pay beats restaurant pay anyday.

The Co gave me my retirement lunch last Thursday. The Pres and my engineering boss were up to "help" the sales guys. The usual discussions of business opportunities and how best to get them with some well wishes on my new life. Business as usual. It was perfect. I saw up front and personal that which I no longer want any part of. And the Pres gave me $200 at Bass Pro Shops. Good for me - :)

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Well alright folks, it is 2015. I'd like to wish a happy new year to all! Did you make a resolution? Did it have something to do with building fewer Gas-Bikes? Well forget it! :)

I apologize for not posting in my own thread very often, but I don't own a computer (I know, I know... but probably this year). I do read your posts from my phone, and there have been some ups and downs, but that keeps things interesting right?

As far as me, I've actually taken back the first job I got after Uncle Sam let me loose, with the same pay. That pay-rate does NOT fall under 'good thing', but the freedom to come and go basically as I choose, does. So, I've got a job I like, with people I like, and I'm in Montana. Guess I'm doin pretty dang ok!

Keep the good (and so so) stuff coming!.flg.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm retired, but today I bought a pair of reclining armchairs in as new condition from a charity shop at a fraction of their normal retail price.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Congrats Trey & Lud!

=======================

Other day am sitting in my car. I have one main contract and was thinking of ways to pick up work. Call comes in from a theater that wants me to do the same courier work for them that I do for the museum that is my main contract. Every thing would be going to the same places. So the universe doubled my pay for the same work and expense.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Ludwig- If I thought I could make that swim, I'd break in that matching chair for ya... but alas...

Dan- Stop what you're doing and go buy a lottery ticket!

Steve- I'm afflicted with the sickness my friend; build em, ride em, sell em. :)

Last edited: