Transfer Port Modification- Pictures and results here.

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Laural & Hardy; Ollie, This Is Another Fine Mess You Have Gotten Us Into !!!laff:-|| JIM, I SHOULD POST A PIC OF THE ALUM ENGINE YOU ALREADY BUILT. A PIECE OF ART.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Laural & Hardy; Ollie, This Is Another Fine Mess You Have Gotten Us Into !!!laff:-|| JIM, I SHOULD POST A PIC OF THE ALUM ENGINE YOU ALREADY BUILT. A PIECE OF ART.
Ron if it's on the billetracing web site I made it.

Here are some pics of the Engine I built for Ken Blomer in England.

Thank you for the compliment...It was a lot of work, and the customer was floored when it arrived.

EDIT: If any of you guys like to drag race and want to get into 4 cylinder TOP-FUEL racing; contact Roger Tanenbaum @ 239-410-8014 He owns BRE...I make the engines.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
I talked with Jim this morning about the new engine and I really getting excited now. He's going to run the engines in so there will be NO break-in. He's going to look into offering Mikuni or Dellorto carbs as an extra cost option, I'm going for it if it's available!!! Can't wait, right out of the box, tuned and already broken-in. Only a few left to sell before he starts. He's going to post all the info soon, but said he a lot of irons in the fire right now and wants to get a few cleaned up before he starts on these special engines. Walter F.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
How many are left?. Would you still use the same mix or could you go leaner without risk?.
Can't wait.
12 orders left to go to make 20.

I'm going to do this for myself and the others who have commited an order. If I don't get enough orders, I'll buy the materials out-of-pocket.

I can't and won't hold those who were brave enough to jump, in the pool, to wait for the full 20 orders.

These engines are going to be built; starting next week. It's just a matter of whether or not there will be enough interest to keep the final price down to $375.00 for the orders that will follow after the first ones are installed and the quality/performance threads start. After the first are shipped...there will be a definite requirement of 20 pre-paid orders to do it again at this price.

I will never be able to do these as one-offs for this price. I want "one of your motors", without back-up orders, will cost about $600.00.

Jim

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
It's been an interesting and pleasing event this evening as I read this thread.

Not too long ago I was in the chatroom with Jim discussing the merits of speciality motors with him. I remember talking about the sixties auto dealer speed tuners of production GM & Chrysler cars such as Mr. Norm's and Nickey-Bill Thomas. For that matter, EMPI and Scat of VW fame. (anyone here remember any of those ?)

I wonderd if it could lend itself to these Happy Time bike motors where as the economies of scale could be mounted to make it happen. Scat even began to make their own VW cases which were stronger than the original VW's.

When I worked as a industrial designer some time back one of the projects I was involved with was for a J B Foote of Fredericktown, Oh. They're a foundry speicalizing in castings of various metals. After reading all of this tonight, I'm wondering if it would be practicle to develop a two piece case here in the states that could be produced with all the improvements in it for builders. This way those with CNC shops could production engineer the process of producing the hard parts they would need to build a refined motor that could hold up and run properly. If bike motors were produced here in the states it may
benefit motorbicycling in general opposed to having it all come from China. I'm sure a motor that could deliver 150+mpg and run dependably for several years would be the right path for now.(lest we forget last summer's $4.00+ a gallon gasoline) Speed tuning may be a fun topic now that gas is $1.70 but that may be fleeting.

I've looked at some of the motors which offer a recoil starter and centrifugal clutch. (or with manual clutch) Wish they were available with some of the qualites & refinements discussed in this thread. (instead of some of these Asian products which seem beaten to fit and painted to match)

Last edited:

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
I would like to get on the list but can not get the money up real fast,but if it will help the cause I will send you one of my motors,brand new in the box,just let me know 48 or 70. David

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I'm wondering if it would be practicle to develop a two piece case here in the states that could be produced with all the improvements in it for builders. This way those with CNC shops could production engineer the process of producing the hard parts they would need to build a refined motor that could hold up and run properly. If bike motors were produced here in the states it may
benefit motorbicycling in general opposed to having it all come from China. I'm sure a motor that could deliver 150+mpg and run dependably for several years would be the right path for now.(lest we forget last summer's $4.00+ a gallon gasoline) Speed tuning may be a fun topic now that gas is $1.70 but that may be fleeting.
A plesant upside to this economic situation is that local manufacturing opportunities will increase. I have always loved making things but competition against always cheaper imports has been a problem all my life. I am ready to buy this motor, and look forward to it's improvement. Look at Sick Bike Parts success with a good product, excellent service and a very receptive consumer base.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Jim
Will your new motors still be able to accept the pull start/ centrifugal clutch set up? I would love to step up to the plate and buy 2 motors but our Canadian $ buck is going down faster than the Titanic did. With shipping by the time it get's here it will cost around 500 bucks ea. I hope round two and three will come around so I can get in...Rick

Whizzer Nut

Dec 21, 2008
Millersburg Pennsylvania
Hello creative, I have been following this thread & I really want one of your engines. What is the procedure for purchase? I have a few of theese engines & will trade them all if you like. Also I saw that you want to do this in paypal & thats ok, I just didn't see the amount to confirm order. If you could post the specifics, that would be great. I have one new engine with pull start & auto clutch. 1 engine I installed last summer & has less than 25 miles (currently on bike) & one engine with a crack in right crank case next to front right mounting stud. Give me the details & I'm in. I was going to play around with my own mods, but your engine is way to cool!!! I have mainly been into Whizzers, but got into this with the 2 stokes & just have alot of fun with them! Thanks, Dan

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I like the CNC parts and the way they make the little happy time engine look. I wonder if the extra work is worth the effort, to some I think it is. I would love to have access to a machine to build some, or should I say, I would like to be able to modify the existing parts. If we were to start to make a CNC version of this engine it would need to also be engineered correctly. I know there is a lot of missing design in the little thing, there are so many things that I have checked that are missing. But it does so well what it is supposed to do! IE(just run slow and well).

I think if someone were to start tooling up for a small replacement it would not be a two stroke for sure. Out here in Ca. we are under fire by the C.A.R.B just to let you know how things are going. One of the master mechanics that work for the city is going around documenting all the engine powered equipment the city owns. As I was talking to him today we confirmed what was (up) and yes they are going to take all the engines that do not comply with "their" standards, this is not funny. You say they cant take my engine! This new administration has empowered this Commie agenda like you could never believe and they are on there way to take anything that could provide any sort of fun. (You know we should be ashamed for making all that dirty air). GIVE ME A BREAK. Its all about control! Nothing more. Now that I have gotten my ranting out of the way. we need to be careful. I have heard talk from the Outboard shop I use that they are looking to ban two stroke oil in Ca. all together, I'm not kidding. That way they can fine any one that starts a weed whacker or blower or (Happy Time engine) not a happy time. So think about the future and what it will be like with these restrictions. I hope there is a way to stop some of this madness. For me I am moving soon out of the state I wish there was a way to never come back but I have Grandchildren here. I am still looking forward to getting a few milling machines of my own and carve out some replacement parts for these fun little engines. Have fun, Dave

PS: I would still like to build one of the 4 smoke versions.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
The more I think about it the more I belive the thing I 'll like most about my new "Swarthout Special" engine is the fact it is MADE IN THE U.S.A!!!!! Walter F.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I like the name Blackwood's Special.
Does that sound like a winner? If so does it win a free engine? or maybe a deeply discounted, 250$ engine?
.wee.
That'd be me if so lol

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Standard Awnser* Why yes, I't can! Send me 12 million U.S. Dollars, AND I will teach YOU HOW!!!
AcT Now! CRUISER, & I AM Waiting!!!!

Last edited: