Transfer Port Modification- Pictures and results here.

GoldenMotor.com

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
G'day Classic, I will be undergoing tests with different cc volume heads through the next couple
of weeks, once I have all the test results collated & can guarantee my product I will machine them up for anybody who would lik one, I will let you know when they are available.

Cheers
Brains

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
This is for Jim & Brains. I have wanted to build a new top end for the Happy time engine to convert it into a 4 stroke for quite a while. I was wondering if one of you would be interested in giving it a go. The concept is making a 4 stroke that runs on a two stroke mix. there is no crankcase oil and the engine gets a supercharging affect from the normal case induction. What you need to do essentially is sleeve the barrel so there are no ports, and build a head. The valved intake for the head is connected to the crankcase and the carb is connected to the crankcase through a reed valve. As the piston goes up it pulls in a charge as the piston goes down it puts pressure on the intake valve (IE the common connection to the crankcase) The mix lubes everything, the hardest part would be making the head and cam drive. I can make up some sketches to explain, but I was thinking with all the machining capabilities the two of you have it would be a cinch. Have fun, Dave

PS: This has been done I am not a genus, I think it would be a perfect mod for the happy engine. I understand the mileage doubles, and no smoke.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
This is for Jim & Brains. I have wanted to build a new top end for the Happy time engine to convert it into a 4 stroke for quite a while. I was wondering if one of you would be interested in giving it a go. The concept is making a 4 stroke that runs on a two stroke mix. there is no crankcase oil and the engine gets a supercharging affect from the normal case induction. What you need to do essentially is sleeve the barrel so there are no ports, and build a head. The valved intake for the head is connected to the crankcase and the carb is connected to the crankcase through a reed valve. As the piston goes up it pulls in a charge as the piston goes down it puts pressure on the intake valve (IE the common connection to the crankcase) The mix lubes everything, the hardest part would be making the head and cam drive. I can make up some sketches to explain, but I was thinking with all the machining capabilities the two of you have it would be a cinch. Have fun, Dave

PS: This has been done I am not a genus, I think it would be a perfect mod for the happy engine. I understand the mileage doubles, and no smoke.
Cost factor
I think 3 times the price of a motor...IMHO...POPS

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Pops, your right on the money, it would take quite some workings out to get it to a static proto type, I dont know but why would you want to re invent the wheel.

Post some design thoughts Egor

Cheers
Brains

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
4 stroke on a 2 stroke mix... I don't think the effort would be substantial for the benefits. It would be heavier, bulkier, more difficult to find a frame to fit it. I think Brains and Creative Engineering would be concentrating their efforts on improving dependability and reliability. The performance improvement would be just a plus factor. Just some thoughts...

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I'm on the edge of my seat on what Brains and Creative Engineering will come up with. Always checking out this thread for any updates... :)

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hey guys,

My primary design Comp lost a hard drive and I've been limited to my laptop. Even the best laptops will come to thier knees when designing an engine.

After looking through all of the parts I have decided to make a new case set for this engine. The Chinese castings are decent, but there just isn't enough metal to do what I want to do.

The price will be $375.00 with a core exchange for those who want to take advantage of it to help off-set the cost.

Features:

1) BIllet machined: Block, mag cover, clutch cover, Cylinder head, and of course the clutch actuator.

2) Computer balanced crankshaft.

3) Professional cylinder porting by Brendan Power.

4) Quality bearings, seals, fastners.

5) The billet cases will be sealed with O-ring material for a zero leak engine.

6) Billet intake that s O-ring sealed...No more air leaks!

7) One year warranty against manufacturing or assembly defects.

Now that my Comp is back up and running, I'll post a bunch of stuff in a day or two. I need to update my website before I offer engines for sale.

I've pre-sold 5 so far...I will need to have 20 pre-sold in order to get a good price on materials, bearings, seals, fasteners...etc.

The core exchange will work like this:

Put your engine in the same box I used to ship your new engine. Ship it back to me.

If you have a new engine...I will hit your Paypal for $85.00, or send you a check. Your choice.

If you have a good, running, engine the credit will be $50.00.

If you have a damaged, non-running, engine the credit will be $20.00.

This is going to be the Chinagirl done right guys!

Jim

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
This sounds like a really good deal. I really hope the extra 250$ coming from Social Security gets here well before the end of May.
It will be a good deal...

The Chinese are able to provide these engine kits through a wholesale to retail channel at a great price due to volume.

If I make 1 engine it will cost $2,500.00

If I make 5, It will be $1,000.00 Each.

10 for $600.00 Each.

20 for $375.00 Each

50 for $335.00 Each

100 @ $320.00 Each

1000 @ $290.00 Each

10,000 @ $150.00 Each

Volume drives a reduced per unit cost.

Jim

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Jim I must say that will be a fantastic price, good on ya, I doubt I could get anywhere near that price you have stated, especially with a buy back program, man that is a deal and a half

Cheers

Brains

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
$375.00 is the "no core" price. If you have a trade-in, or core, the price drops. I will accept multiple, new, cores in exchange for a discount on one of my engines.

Jim
So will you be utilizing the cranks, rods, pistons ect ect again from these motors, or does your price include completley new internal components, will it include carby, air filter, spark plug, basically bolt on and fir up, or will people bolt on the externals from their original motors

Cheers

Brains

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
So will you be utilizing the cranks, rods, pistons ect ect again from these motors, or does your price include completley new internal components, will it include carby, air filter, spark plug, basically bolt on and fir up, or will people bolt on the externals from their original motors

Cheers

Brains
I will create a thread soon that has all of the nitty gritty details...It's a lot of work, taking pics and putting together text.

Jim

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
FOUR SMOKES - One of the reasons that it would be beneficial to convert one of the happy engines to a 4 stroke is that it runs cleaner than any two stroke, and in the future I think we will find that the two stroke is in danger of going the way of the Water Buffalo as a means of transport. The engine I saw was on a weed whacker that met CARB standards for California, and it sounds cool. It does not add a lot of parts to the mix and would not affect the lower end of the engine at all. Looking at the barrel you would see the carb moved slightly back to accommodate the reed cage, on the barrel side of the reed cage you would have a tube that would run up to the intake valve, all the fuel would enter the crankcase first, thus lubing all the parts as a two stroke does. There is never an open port to send raw fuel down the exhaust like a 2 smoke. I am not suggesting production just a go at making one to try. I have no idea how the patent is written but I suspect it would need to be looked into if someone was going into production. I think a small sprocket and chain running open up to the cam would be fun to watch and with open valves would also look cool. the head would not need to be complex just functional, I made a head using common water pipe fittings as the intake and exhaust runners (looks cool). Have fun, Dave

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
I will create a thread soon that has all of the nitty gritty details...It's a lot of work, taking pics and putting together text.

Jim
Your not wrong Jim, it takes a copoulus amount of time trying to create components, and juggling everything between brain storming ideas, I was contemplating about new crankcase but I have designed locating pins already & never had any issues with leakage or fatigue fractures evident, even with running NOS, for extreme extended intervals anyway got to go cook is screaming foods on the table

Cheers
Brains

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Jim I must say that will be a fantastic price, good on ya, I doubt I could get anywhere near that price you have stated, especially with a buy back program, man that is a deal and a half

Cheers

Brains
I have a fairly heavy duty CNC milling machine, (22,000 lbs). It will plow through aluminum like it's butter. It will make the engine cases in about 30 minutes. In Aluminum I run the spindle at 5,200 RPM with a 1/2" 3-flute solid carbide at 70 IPM. Figure another 1/2 hour for secondary op's, and a new high quality precision case is born for $65.00 retail.

A cylinder head in 12 minutes...maybe less with the right tooling.

The intake manifolds are less than a minute.

The clutch actuators are 20 minutes complete. The brown & sharpe screw machine spits out an actuator cam every 20 seconds.

20 orders will let me buy full bars of aluminum for the cases and cylinder heads, as well as hit the 100 count on bearings & seals, and the 500 count on fasteners. I'll have more inventory than is required to make 20 engines, but it just makes sense to go this way.

Jim