Transfer Port Modification- Pictures and results here.

GoldenMotor.com

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
mechanickid, as far as mounting brakets for bicycle frames, you will not find this off the shelf, this component will require to be custom manufactured, the mounting of these engines is extremely critical to ensure safety, get it wrong and it will fail, we crack test all our welds after mounting carrier is installed to frame, I can not state enough how important it is.

Good luck

Brains

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
mechanickid dont be discouraged, I always like to state worst case scenario, especially with saftey, I will post a pick tonight when I get home

Cheers
Brains

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I only wish Jim, ANDRA over here is set to max 8.5 at 80mph, break out of this and its instant pack up the trailer and head home, not like the US were you have outlaws

Brains
Yeah it's the same way the world over I guess...my son was 15 when we were going to do a Jr. dragster...we already had a 69 Chevy Nova SS we were rebulding. He was more interested in his Nova, and girls.

The Jr. Dragster program is great for kids...It gets them involved in mechanics, racing, and sportsmanship.

The outlaw Jr. dragster racing here really isn't for kids...

Back in the 50's, 60's when Wally parks started the NHRA, you ran what you had...there were no limitations. Racing was just as much fun for the builder/mechanic as it was for the driver.

It was the same way back then with sports car racing.

Everything is too regulated now.

Jim

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
well i just dont have a welder, or the money to buy one. im having to sell my dune buggy to get drivers ed, and then my time will be take by a job and finishing high school.

im looking forward to that.

peace.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
mechanickid, as far as mounting brakets for bicycle frames, you will not find this off the shelf, this component will require to be custom manufactured, the mounting of these engines is extremely critical to ensure safety, get it wrong and it will fail, we crack test all our welds after mounting carrier is installed to frame, I can not state enough how important it is.

Good luck

Brains
Exactly Brains!!!

Jim

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
could we have an electric starter to fit these modified engines, like the ones found in pocketbikes? optional starter... just a thought... :)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So, here's my question....did anybody else do the hack your engine up with a broken hacksaw blade mod? ;)

The guy who originally suggested/posted that (since banned for other reasons) was a whack-o and a half!

He sends me e-mails saying he's going to report me for terrorist threats......

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I was going to do it but i got slowed down figuring out how to pull apart engine--my friend screwed the flywheel up by drilling 6 holes rather than 2 to balance--dax says that it will still run im glad i didnt do the whole mod

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
G'day Jim & all, Ive come up with first proto type head mod, for you all to have a squizz at, this one is one piece set up, but am going to try and figure out how I can create a two piece, but I will have to redesign a new barrel for two piece, this way I can machine up a few different combos with varying cylinder cc inserts, people will have varying compression ratio set ups they can choose from, straight off the shelf, but to keep the cost down I reckon a one piece will be the way to go.

I will need to do some engine testing with higher compression ratio set ups & see what is the limit before they become unreliable & then use the best design for out right performance & create copper head gaskets from there to raise the cylinder cc volume, And especially to see if I have enough surface area to strip heat, otherwise I may have to look at the whole thing again, but Im trying to come up with a cost effective component to manufacture.

We anodized the part to make it stand out more, as out initial pics were really hard to make a clear view

Its early days yet all, but at least Ive made a start

Cheers All

Brains

Attachments

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
G'day Jim & all, Ive come up with first proto type head mod, for you all to have a squizz at, this one is one piece set up, but am going to try and figure out how I can create a two piece, but I will have to redesign a new barrel for two piece, this way I can machine up a few different combos with varying cylinder cc inserts, people will have varying compression ratio set ups they can choose from, straight off the shelf, but to keep the cost down I reckon a one piece will be the way to go.

I will need to do some engine testing with higher compression ratio set ups & see what is the limit before they become unreliable & then use the best design for out right performance & create copper head gaskets from there to raise the cylinder cc volume, And especially to see if I have enough surface area to strip heat, otherwise I may have to look at the whole thing again, but Im trying to come up with a cost effective component to manufacture.

We anodized the part to make it stand out more, as out initial pics were really hard to make a clear view

Its early days yet all, but at least Ive made a start

Cheers All

Brains
Nice machine work!

Surface area is critical to cooling.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
So, here's my question....did anybody else do the hack your engine up with a broken hacksaw blade mod? ;)

The guy who originally suggested/posted that (since banned for other reasons) was a whack-o and a half!

He sends me e-mails saying he's going to report me for terrorist threats......
Joe:

My first thought when I saw this was; NO WAY!...But it has been years since I've modified a small 2-stroke, so I figured maybe this was some sort of new idea, and I didn't want to get involved in something that I couldn't really be sure of. I wanted to say don't even consider it.

When the tuner next door said...No! No! No! please tell me they didn't really do that...I kinda figured out my initial gut intuition was correct.

Sorry you're having to put up with a whack-job! What a pain in-the-ass!

Jim

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
wow thats art!

please excuse my ignorance, but what does Goldilocks change?
What I am trying to alter is the volumetric efficiency of the Pentworth combustion chamber, basically designed squish area in the cylinder head & eliminating oppertunity of hot spots being created due to increased compression, this way as piston travels to TDC the fuel/air mixture is being directed towards the center of the cylinder chamber as TDC is achieved, this will cause a more violent explosion as the flame travel is being surrounded by directed fuel/air mixture towards the center of the cylinder head & the spark will ignite the fuel/air mixture more evenly, therefore creating more HP by minimizing unburnt fuel left behind due to poor flame travel & poor head design.

With the new Pentworth cylinder head design we can increase the compression ration from standard by not altering the cylinder barrel, and thus not changing the timing cycle at all, as when you deck the bottom of the barrel you are also changing the timing, and some people simply mill the head to achieve smaller cc chamber to cylinder head, but this will still not attain a remedy for the poor cylinder head design.

After market components to increase reliability, durability & the opportunity for increasing performance is what I''m doing.

I could talk into the hours in regards to cylinder head design, but this should assist you hopefully to understand what Im doing

Cheers

Brains

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
There was talk about putting spacers on each side of the needle bearing on the piston pin, to stop the needle bearing from walking around. I get the idea that anything put there would prematurely where through the sides of the needle bearing cage? I love to see a pict of this?

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Goat herder, was thinking about trying this out as well, but my engines which I build do not have enough room for the bearings to slide out to cause any issues, I have not had any of my engines to date which have had let go due to this, I would personally not machine any spacers between small end conrod crown & inner piston skirt, but anyway thats my opinion

WANGERS88 you can PM, I would be more than happy to give you some assistance if I can

Cheers
Brains