Start of the 28" Board Tracker project

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

thanks axel for your posted pictures
i spend some time in Antwerpen and the swap meets are a blast to see the old motoren and brommer fiets

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Just read this whole post, great inspiration throughout. I have to wonder though if this was ever finished or test run? The builder alone is great inspiration... why did he leave this thread hangin?!

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Hi guys...

Yes....I finished this bike and rode it once...without any major problems...and then decided not to ride it again... ;-)

It ended up as a showpiece in my living room now, cause I find it way too cool and don't want to ruin it on the roads...
and I can't get it registered here in germany anyway, so it would be an illegal ride all the time...

Btw...I am working on a Harley 1915 Boardtracker now, this one just as a showpiece w/o any engine function...will post some pics soon if anybody is intersted..

BR from germany, Axel

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Alex yea welcome back!

I was wondering about what maybe you are not into anyway, but might know about your location and the legality of.

If your build is for an off highway vehicle like they have for dirt bikes in California, they issue a OHV sticker and although not the same a registration for a bike allowed on the streets, it is for dirt biking in county, state, and federal land motorcycle parks.

I know I might have some problem that the bike is of my own design and not a dirt bike that is by a manufacturer, but I already checked at a DMV office and they said I'd have to bring it to them in person to see and what the fee would be.

I plan for my pedal-less bicycle frame with 3.5 hp 4 stoke Briggs engine to do just that, besides having other minimal use of the machine outfitted as a Californa Sheepshead Fish art covering for parade use.

I saw some documentary on TV about a similar event in Germany like in the Nevada, USA the Burning Man Event. I am not sure if the one in Germany had what they also call Mutant Vehicles, but they looked like they had fun in any case.

MT

.bt.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Well, there might be a chance to get it registered, with some tricky things, and some money, something in the grayzone between legal and illegal,
but with our busy traffic with underdimensioned breakes... and I don't want to add any lights or fenders...I deciced to keep it in my living room...and find this is the best idea and if I built something streetlegal for the roads I will go with motorcycle- and not with bicycle-parts...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thanks for the new pics, Axel.
Looks great!
I really like the drop loop for engine mounting.
Just makes so much more sense than a high engine mount which leaves the rider with a very high CG. Lower the better for good handling and overall feel!
A new thread for your build would be a good idea!
Tnx
rc

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Welcome back Axel

Oh another build to watch it was like a big void there for a while. You are off to another AWESOME start......................Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Good to here from Axel! looks like another great build! to Bad it's just for display, PLEASE! keep us full of pic's your work is admired by all.