Sat April 13th 2013 is the Next SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Event

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I see you are still not addressing where you messed up. He shouldn't have been allowed to race in the amateur class. It is your race,your call,but that's bull and you know it. Just like Jeff daid,norm himself defined it for you then ran from the pro class where he didn't stand a chance against David Rust and all the arrow race motors. Maybe his bike had problems,I don't know,wasn't there. And norm himself hasn't said a word...........Huh

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Or can I show up the first time ever racing in the unlimited class?
If you have the bike and the balz you sure can jump into the unlimited class first time ever. However, if you are too slow and pose a danger of being a speedbump like obstacle on the track, i'm sure you'll be black flagged.

Come on down!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
,I just said I wasn't coming ever. Now I want to just to rub it in in person. I'm not ready bikewise for the unlimited but I been doing crazy for years so balls is no problemo. Bout to start a thread showing my crazy 100%. Having issues loading pics but that should be fixed shortly.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I'm going to have to do something to get a sprocket on my bike before June, if I can afford it I would like to be at the next one.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I need to jump in here & clear a few things up... The only reason I was in the 'amateur' race was because my 'real' race bike developed engine problems before the race.
I didn't want to sit on the side lines all day after driving so far, so I asked if I could switch my plate onto a heavy 'street bike' that I brought for cruising around the pits.

The bike I rode was 'average' & had nowhere near the power to compete in the 'pro class', & I practiced my a$$ off for a whole hour on the track right before the race started (& got a nice sunburn from it) so that I would do well in the race.

I'm NOT a pro level rider... I'm 210 lbs & this was only my 4th or 5th race in my whole life!!!, but I try hard & throw my hat in the 'pro' ring like all the other 'hopeful' guys like me. (when I have a 'pro level' bike). :/

If anyone's ever been to a few of these races?, they'd know that the 'pro class' is pretty much just the 9+HP Arrow Team, & everyone else on the track is just trying to do what they can to keep up with them... (we are all (in reality) just amateurs out there)! :rolleyes:

To end this for all the haters... That day, I practiced my a$$ off before the race, & raced better than I ever have in my life on a bike that was equal to many of the other bikes in that class... & if anyone still has a problem with my win that day?, I'll ship that frame I won to who ever everyone votes should really get it... but I'm keeping the trophy, because I know I practiced hard, raced hard, & I earned it the hard way against several really good racers who should have also been in the 'Pro' class !!!! (& no one would be b*tching like this if they'd won)!!!!!

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I do have an issue and you should see my point. Andy did win something and passed it on. If I had won I would have passed that frame on to another new rider to help them out. Did ya see me in that race... No.... I am not a hater I just tell it like I see it.

Please read your quote.... That you posted....

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
To end this for all the haters... That day, I practiced my a$$ off before the race, & raced better than I ever have in my life on a bike that was equal to many of the other bikes in that class... & if anyone still has a problem with my win that day?,

I'll ship that frame I won to who ever everyone votes should really get it...

but I'm keeping the trophy, because I know I practiced hard, raced hard, & I earned it the hard way against several really good racers who should have also been in the 'Pro' class !!!! (& no one would be b*tching like this if they'd won)!!!!!
Thanks Norm for your offer to give the frame away to keep the peace here.

I think that you rode very well so there is no question about you keeping the
trophy.

All the top finishers in the Amateur class on the 13th already got really good prizes
from all the sponsors Piston Bikes, JN Motors Bikes, CR Machine so I wouldn't know
who to give it to.

After thinking about it a bit I think the best idea is to give the Grubee frame
donated by Piston Bikes as a new prize on the June 1st race to the 2 Stroke Amateur
class again.

Thanks Norm.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Jimmy Rust needs our help! He was robbed before the race but while Jim was at the race from Fri to Sat the thieves came back and CLEANED HIM OUT.

I mean they took almost everything Jim owns so he is really down and out!

I am going to make some more posts about this to help him out. Maybe set up a PayPal account and have a fund raiser local ride in OC, LA, SD or meet somewhere.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I am no pro rider myself, at 228 pounds I am just a hack having fun on a motorized bike. I couldn't find the fastest way around a corner if it had handrails on it lol.

I fully understand why norm stepped down in class when his race bike broke. The same thing happened to me at the first race at willow springs . I popped some spokes in my back wheel and had to race my street cruiser. The bike was slower but still had fun on it. He new his other bike wouldn't of been competitive in the pro class as I feel my piston port with me riding it isn't competitive in the pro class.

The next race I'll show up in my big boy pants and race the pro class again. This sport is all about fun for me and my reward at the end of the day is going home in one piece and able to go to work on Monday.

The sport of motorized bicycle racing is still being developed. It seemed like a lot of people are stepping down a class. I really like the mid class and see this class getting as big as the China two stroke class. I like Jeff's idea of a none reed class as well.

The next race I am going to donate a prize for Neil to give away to the winner or one of the winners of the mid class. I'll get in contact with you Neil about when I need to get that to you. Just trying to help push this hobby ,sport in a positive direction.

Thanks again for giving everyone with the interest of motorized bicycles a place to get together to race and look at everyone's creations. I saw some new faces at this race that's a good sign of growth .

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The race was a great success and a lot of fun.

However on a less happy note I found out some very sad and
disturbing news about Jimmy Rust.

Jim was robbed before the race but while Jim was at the race
from Fri to Sat the thieves came back and CLEANED HIM OUT.

I mean they took almost everything Jim owns so he is really down
and out!

The thieves not only stole all his stuff, but what was left they broke
and vandalized his trailer that he was living in.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Neil... Please figure out who deserves that frame so I can ship it to him. Or I will donate it (& some other big prizes) to the next race!

I appologize to everyone involved in this... If I had known this would be such a big problem with the racers (& non racing board members)?, I would have gladly stayed in the pro class & finished dead last.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
That really sucks,The same thing happened to a friend of mine when we had a shop . Ended up being someone we new. We ended up getting most of the stuff back hope they have the same luck.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
WOW I am really sorry to hear that...I was thinking while driving to the track this place is a desolate area. Anything could happen...
Jim was living on his land about 12 miles from where Dave lives now
which is about 30 miles from the track.

Jim has had an ongoing problem with theft and before the race had
one of his motorcycles stolen with some other stuff.
However the theft and vandalism while we were all at Grange having
a good time was beyond belief.

The thieves stole everything and I mean stuff that you wouldn't even
have any use for along with irreplaceable items like photo's and family
heirlooms. It was like someone was trying to destroy him.

If there was only two thieves they must have been working all day just
to get everything out of there.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I will also donate to the Jim Rust 'recovery' fund. ;)
I forgot about this rule, please read.
http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=205323&postcount=3

Members:

Please! NO SOLICITING for donations are allowed on the forum. This includes any Charity organization or any personal problems you are asking for help. This includes any Blogs or web sites.

We do make exception if you ask permission first and that we can determine if it is legit, but most likely we cannot so don't bother.

Thank You for understanding, this is for the protection of the members here at Motorbicycling.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey, did anyone notice that NONE of the paid racers were called
upon to help out with the flagging, scoring or other tasks?

You have my buddy mojavemesa aka Ryan the dyno man to
thank for that!
Ryan organized local moped guys and racing enthusiasts to do
the flagging and he also bought some umbrella girls too!!!

Huge thanks to Ryan's friend Travis who signed you guys in and
got the scoring down in all the races.

Thanks to Sam for a great job with a lot of style do the starting
and finish flagging. Sam said he had a good time and will be back
on the next race on June 1st back at Grange.

Ryan also made and bought the dyno again and it will be at the
next race too.

Thank you Ryan, you were the number 1 guy making the race the
success it was!