Redb66's "Orange Crush"

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
re: Redb66's "Orange Crush"

RedB66, where'd you get that stretch gas tank it is awesome!

So tell us more about his build, what size motor, where'd you get those handlebars?

How much $$$ & how many hours you have in this build, maybe you can share a break down list of parts & where someone could purchase them of they'd like to attemp a similar stretch build!

I'm sure this build will inspire many builders, I say this cause your builds have inspired me for many of my own stretch builds!

All I can say about this build is spectacular, sleek, its looks are in my opinion saying to me very fast motorized stretch beach cruiser!

Peace Crazy Horse.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

Thanks Crazy Horse

The frame is from Masterlowrider.com
Tank is custom from ACME Labs
66cc Slant head with chrome covers
Husky 12ga wheels with Mainc Mechanic 28T
Handlesbars are 780mm Super Wide Cruiser
Fenders are Nirve Street Sweepers
The mounts are a evolution from my original idea.
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/updated-stretch-cruiser-mounts-15926.html

I tried to detail the bike as much as I could... The brake, clutch and throttle cables are orange, as is the fuel line and housing for the CDI wires.

There is a 12V power supply tucked up under the seat that powers a orange LED tube thats tucked under the tank. Looks pretty cool at night!!

Aftermarket Billet aluminum grips with tear drop mirror.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio

looks great barron, have you tried to move the tank a little closer to the front, might make the tail line up better. awesome build.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

Thanks Crazy Horse

The frame is from Masterlowrider.com
Tank is custom from ACME Labs
66cc Slant head with chrome covers
Husky 12ga wheels with Mainc Mechanic 28T
Handlesbars are 780mm Super Wide Cruiser
Fenders are Nirve Street Sweepers
The mounts are a evolution from my original idea.
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/updated-stretch-cruiser-mounts-15926.html

I tried to detail the bike as much as I could... The brake, clutch and throttle cables are orange, as is the fuel line and housing for the CDI wires.

There is a 12V power supply tucked up under the seat that powers a orange LED tube thats tucked under the tank. Looks pretty cool at night!!

Aftermarket Billet aluminum grips with tear drop mirror.
RedB66, just curious did I miss where you purchased your headlight and the bracket pushing the light forward of the springer, oh yeah almost forgot to ask where are your finding those super cool Billet Aluminum Hand Grips with the tear drop Mirror?

Not including your labor which I'm sure you and others ie suppliers gas tank, have quite a bit of time invested any idea how many hours you've spent on this build and if you don't mind how much would a similar build cost a builder?

Peace Crazy Horse.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

It's a Nirve headlight 9V LED (Chubby's Cruisers) Home-made bracket. The grips came from ebay $12.

Parts alone.... conservative estimate would be $700. I've done similar builds for a lot less but when you piece a bike together the cost is much more.

Man hours..... Who knows!! I've been working on this bike for three months now.... couple hours here, couple there. But... It's a "Hobby". I often meet people that say "Man you need to sell these...You could make a small fortune". I don't want to "Have to build bikes".

I have built bikes specifically for customers (I think I'm up to about 28 total builds)
So labor cost is a wash when I enjoy building. I really enjoy when people ride one of my bikes and get the "Thrill Factor" that is part of this hobby.

Last edited:

Steve M

Nov 27, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Calling that orange is really a stretch!
Nice looking build! With that 28T sprocket how fast will it go and do stretch bikes handle good at a fast speeds?
Steve M.

(^)

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

Calling that orange is really a stretch!
Nice looking build! With that 28T sprocket how fast will it go and do stretch bikes handle good at a fast speeds?
Steve M.

(^)
Does it not look orange? The stretch bikes handle very well. This motor has about 10 minutes run time on it so I'm not positve about the top speed. It should run around 35-37MPH when broken in.

Steve M

Nov 27, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Does it not look orange? The stretch bikes handle very well. This motor has about 10 minutes run time on it so I'm not positve about the top speed. It should run around 35-37MPH when broken in.
It was just a play on words.lol And it looks like orange paint. The stretch bikes look great with engines on them. I will have to get one oneday. As always nice build.
Steve.

(^)

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

RedB66, got any new pic's from tonights coming out ride for " The Orange Crush Stretch Cruiser ", at bike nite?

Maybe some pic's showing those night-time-glowing-effects lights on this build, hopefully in just the right amount of light!

C.H.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

I didn't take any picture at the event but, It was held downtown and I took some pictures prior to. Bike Nite was a blast!! The reception I get is always great. People just love these bikes. I got many offers for the bike and I think it was phographed about a thousand times.

Attachments

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock

Clean bike man, It all flows together with that style; Tank, tail dragger fender, bars, color, etc. Nice build