Predyno 99cc......the ultimate daily cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, pillow blocks and as you figured out........cheetah.

Now for the pics from yesterday....

As you can see, this engine may as well be welded into the frame......it's not gonna budge when bolted down. Working on the intake manifold today.....guaranteed to be different ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Today I got the intake manifold half finished, the right front engine mount finished, the lay-back seatpost started and more. Here's a couple pics focusing on the engine mount......

it's coming together, yet quite a ways to go.......

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Bro,

Not trying to hate on your project, but them cranks ain't doing your project no justice. Hope you plan on pretty em up before you're done. What you have so far is looking clean and I can't wait till you're finished.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
Do you have a better suggestion for cranks for this build? Frankly, i'm not really worried about the looks of them as long as they work......look's ain't everythang lol. Sure I have other options but they all look just as ugly if not uglier.....

dnut

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Do you have a better suggestion for cranks for this build? Frankly, i'm not really worried about the looks of them as long as they work......look's ain't everythang lol. Sure I have other options but they all look just as ugly if not uglier.....

dnut
No suggestions - just a lot of opinions. What works for you is good to me.

I guess I could have a few beers and she'll, I mean the cranks, will look better at the closing time:)

Look forward to your progress,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
My thought would be to bend the stock arms strieght out (90 degree) and then weld a second arm down.
I think the square tubeing you have is thin and will bend...............Curt

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Bikes gonna weigh over 100lbs, I won't be doing a whole lot of pedaling, believe me ;)

If I was going to be pedaling a lot, I'd build this bike light and nimble.

dnut

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Scotto
Pat sells those nice offset cranks, that is what I'm going to go with, and there are the whizzer wide cranks at memory lane classics. Last year I had to Pedal my whizzer panther about 2 miles, thought I was going to die.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, those are very nice.....Pat makes some mighty fine parts for our bikes. If I had a major sponsor I'd get me a set......they cost about as much as the rest of my build lol. They could always be added on later, when I win the lotto!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
super nice mount i love the fact that there is no side plate on the motor it makes the bike look cleaner.i see the cheetah clutch is becoming quite a popular choice on the 99cc preddy are you just bushing the crank to make em fit? also is there enough ajustment in the pillow blocks to adjust chain tension or will you be running a tensioner? another nice bike scotto

glenn

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks guys......and yeah Glen, I'll be running a tensioner on the primary chain similar to my 212. Here's a few more pics to show ya where I'm at here.....

Time to get back to work on this bike.......more later.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It is now later........here's more that were taken in the day light today. The engine is mounted solid as a rock......I hope to start up the engine tomorrow after I finish the intake manifold.

fresh pics from today...

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Nice motor mounts! Seem to making good progress.
I'm barely starting on the mounts tomm.

How did you adapt the cheetah clutch to the engine... Didn't like the bushing I bought