Predyno 99cc......the ultimate daily cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here are a few pics from a few days ago......finished modifying the drive side pedal crank. They ain't pretty but they'll look ok when completely finished. They are very robust however.......

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
found this http://modesto.craigslist.org/bik/3595367435.html im thinkin about picking it up? what size forks does this dyno use? you got any recomendations on bike i could use as a doner for parts? would this bike work for a donor http://www.walmart.com/ip/Genesis-26-Men-s-V2100-Dual-Suspension-Bicycle/14089739
I'm sorry Genisisonyx29, by the time I clicked on the link for the Dyno, the author had removed it off of CL. I have no idea what model it was and don't want to guess what may or may not fit on the particular bike.

As far as making it a 7-speed, that would be quite possible as derailleur hangers are made that could be easily adapted to a typical Dyno drop-out if you keep the axle in the same position (give or take 1/4" fore and aft).

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Oh......ok, it must be a Dyno-Glide then. I'll just say then that my Dyno doesn't accept a standard 1" or a standard 1-1/8" headset. So it's kind of hard for me to tell you what fork actually fits on this frame. I'm to believe it is an older cruiser type headset and fork that falls in the size right between 1" and 1-1/8" and that's all I got for you on that matter. I personally am installing an 1-1/8" threadless headset and a 1-1/8" Mtn.Bike suspension fork.

As for the doner bike from Walmart, I'm pretty sure you could adapt the seat, disc brakes, tires, rims and perhaps the pedals. I haven't seen the Wally bike up-close and personal so don't quote me on any of that. Sorry I can't be of more help.....I just like to fabricate and use a little smoke and mirrors and just make things happen. If it doesn't fit........make it fit ;)

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
that was more then enough help. i think ill just stick with with my 29 genesis astra and order walmarts 29 inch mounthain bike for the supsension fork and disc brakes and the derailleur too because my got ruined after i got hit by a car lol. o and of course i need new cranks after get smashed by that car haha

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
that was more then enough help. i think ill just stick with with my 29 genesis astra and order walmarts 29 inch mounthain bike for the supsension fork and disc brakes and the derailleur too because my got ruined after i got hit by a car lol. o and of course i need new cranks after get smashed by that car haha.bf.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Back on track now.......and it didn't rain today (as was predicted) so I was able to get some work done on the build once again. Got some small things out of the way today as well as figuring out the chain lines for jack shaft placement with a semi mock-up. The bike is nearly a roller now but not quite yet......

for starters......

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I use one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Luster-Care-C...-3-fkmr0&keywords=profi+cat+laser+chain+align
Remember on my Point beach build it was driving me nuts because the sprockets were perfectly aligned but yet the chain would still track funny and jump the sprockets.
Then I saw the chain was as warped as all get out.
Yeah I remember that......one of the last chapters of the build:-|| Now I know who see when I need an $80 alignment tool and to cheap to buy one myself ;)

A few things I was tinkering on this evening.......

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Did a bit of the fun stuff today........working on the jack shaft and the right front engine mount. Drilling and tapping, counter-sinking and grinding......why do I enjoy doing this so much?

Here are a couple close-ups of the inside of the aerospace clamps...

There's the aluminum locking ring I was talking about...

More tomorrow.

dnut

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
thats ok bro, its got a motor. and i'm sure good brakes. wait a second whats that 3/4'' clutch doing on that motor? what's with you and jeff? brothers from a different mother? dennis

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
thats ok bro, its got a motor. and i'm sure good brakes. wait a second whats that 3/4'' clutch doing on that motor? what's with you and jeff? brothers from a different mother? dennis
Ya got all that right Dennis......and I'm quite sure we're from different mothers lol.

In the meantime, here's the pic or two of the day.....

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Hey Bro,

Not trying to hate on your project, but them cranks ain't doing your project no justice. Hope you plan on pretty em up before you're done. What you have so far is looking clean and I can't wait till you're finished.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Nice progress
Looks like your making your own jackshaft using pillow blocks?

I'm stumped on we're you got that clutch, can't find it anywhere?

EDIT: after looking at photos and CulverCityClassics buile thread I figured what it was called. Ordered one and also a shaft adapter.

Last edited: